Rollercoaster

(Arcade by Duncan Laurence- this song is Obito and Y/n 100%)

—————

As Y/n drove back to Konoha, she watched as the horizon grew dark. While she loved listening to a good thunderstorm, she'd prefer not to drive in one. It was unavoidable, though. She was on the desolate stretch of two-lane highway between Suna and Konoha.

Reaching the city limits, the skies opened up. Y/n sighed as she sat taller in the seat. Both hands on the wheel, she made her way to the Uchiha mansion. She promised Kikyo and Tsuki she would spend the evening at the estate. Dinner with the family, aside from Obito and Shisui, sounded dreadful.

Lightning flashed seconds before thunder clapped. Y/n tensed as she turned down the street where the estate was located. Then, turning up the drive, the gate opened with the sensor in Y/n's car. Pulling into the side drive, Y/n grabbed her purse and bolted for the steps to the main door.

She took her shoes off and sat her purse down beside them near the door. Her first priority was a bathroom, and then she'd get settled. Walking for the guest bath that was near the front door, Y/n heard a scream rip through the halls. Y/n paused, trying to decide where the female cry came from.

Jogging towards the sitting room, Y/n tried to determine who it came from. It didn't matter. All that mattered was the fact that it sounded broken and distraught.

"What's wrong?" Y/n didn't fully step into the room as she asked the question.

The scene before Y/n was heartbreaking. Itachi was holding his mother as they knelt on the floor. Sasuke was sitting on the couch with Sakura, the couple embracing one another. Mikoto snapped her head up, eyes filled with tears.

"This is your fault!" Mikoto screamed as she stood. She moved so quickly that Itachi fell back on his ass. Y/n was confused, the evidence on her face as Mikoto ran towards her. The slap echoed as Sasuke and Sakura stood up. "He's gone because of you!" She sobbed as her hands gripped Y/n's dress. "You're worthless, just like Tani! Madara did nothing but-"

"That's enough, mother," Itachi soothed as he wrapped an arm around Mikoto's shoulders. "Y/n had nothing to do with this."

The redness on Y/n's cheek stung as she took in Itachi's face. He'd been crying, Sasuke too. "What happened to Fugaku?" Y/n hesitantly asked.

"He's dead!" Mikoto screamed. Itachi turned her into his chest. "Dead." She mumbled into her eldest's son shirt.

Itachi looked at Y/n, "Someone shot him at the dealership as he was walking to his car," his voice shook, "he was pronounced dead at the scene."

That was all it took for Y/n to move into action. Turning, Y/n ran from the room and back to her purse. Grabbing it, she headed for her car. Barefoot and all, Y/n rushed down the drive. Swerving on the slick pavement, she barreled towards the hospital.

The press surrounded the ambulance bay as Y/n pulled up behind the vehicle that likely brought Fugaku's body in. They had to intake to the hospital, documented, and then transported to the medical examiner. She ignored the rush of people as she exited the car. Pushing her way past, she entered the hospital as security allowed her entrance.

"Where- Obito," she froze. So did Obito.

This was the first time they'd seen one another face to face since she left him in the first penthouse she lived in. She was wearing that same purple dress as she had in Suna. The rain had drenched her, making her hair cling to her face and shoulders. Obito took note that her feet were bare.

"Are you okay?" Obito asked as he stepped closer.

Shaking her head, Y/n asked, "Are you okay?" She took a half step closer as well. "What do you know?" She added as she peered up at him.