Trust

Possible Trigger Warning:

Y/n sat on the edge of the bed as Obito sat beside her after cleaning the mess from that morning. Y/n had thrown a glass of water from beside her bed at the door when Shizune said Obito was there. Obito wrapped his arm around Y/n as he looked at Shizune. It was now well after ten at night that Sunday and Y/n needed her vitals taken.

Leaning into Obito, Y/n listened to Shizune, "You'll need a D and C," Obito felt Y/n wiggle, "and since you're RH negative, we went ahead and gave you a rhogam injection while you were unconscious."

Nodding, Y/n said, "Okay."

"What does all of that mean?" Obito asked. He remembered the RH injection from Tsuki, but he couldn't recall why Y/n needed it.

Shizune looked between Obito and Y/n. Since Y/n still hadn't lifted her head, Shizune went on with the explanation. "The D and C will make sure-" Shizune sighed, "It's to make sure there isn't anything left behind that could cause any further issues. The injection is to protect Y/n, and any future pregnancies, so she can carry full term."

Obito squeezed Y/n's shoulder as they sat there. He didn't know what to say. What was there to say? He couldn't take any of the physical pain away, and he couldn't bear the burden for or with her. And the emotional and mental pain, she'd try to carry that for the rest of her life- on her own.

Lifting her head finally, Y/n asked, "When do you want to do it?"

"We can do the procedure tomorrow," Shizune gave a sad smile to Y/n, "do you want to do general anesthesia, or-"

"I'd like to be asleep," Y/n interrupted, "I-" she cleared her throat, "I don't want to hear anything." It was the simplest answer she could give without saying the words. Shizune didn't need to hear the words. Obito didn't want to hear the words.

This was such a strange situation that Obito never dreamt he would be a part of. Nevertheless, there was absolutely nothing he could do aside from offering his shoulder, ear, and arms to his wife. How do you repent for walking out in the midst of a tragedy? How do you show her you'll be there for her when you so quickly walked away?

Shizune nodded, knowing all too well what Y/n meant, "I'll get it set up for tomorrow afternoon. It would be best if you ate something tonight." Shizune paused as she thought for a moment. Both Obito and Y/n saw there was more she wanted to say. "Your parents, okay, everyone, is still here. But, I think you should see your parents."

"Send them in," Y/n said, "I can't avoid everyone forever."

Obito turned slightly, making Y/n look up at him, "Are you sure?"

Nodding, Y/n said, "I'll explain everything," she smiled weakly, "You were upset-"

"That doesn't excuse what I did, Asami," Obito sighed heavily. "I deserve everyone's persecution."

"I'm not worried about what other people say or think, Obito," Y/n settled her hand on his cheek, "I've never cared."

Obito wasn't sure what to say to that. She was willing to defend him after what he did. After what she had gone through alone, she was still willing to stand up for him. Nuzzling her hand, Obito only smiled lightly.

Wordlessly, Shizune stepped from the room. Y/n moved her hand away and leaned back into Obito. He had turned his phone off long ago, ignoring all the messages, emails, and voicemails. Y/n's phone was still at the penthouse. The screen was cracked from where she let it fall to the floor.

"Asami," Obito whispered into her hair before pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "You're more precious to me than life itself. I'll walk to the ends of the earth to prove that to you."