Fighting

"You never want to hang out here," Shisui pointed out as we entered the study.

I shrugged lazily, "I didn't want to go out," we'd go to the same bar I did that night. "Figured we could play pool for a bit."

Walking to the bar, I let Shisui strip the table of its cover. I grabbed a couple of glasses and worked on pouring us both a drink. The pill in my pants pocket was practically burning a hole in the fabric.

"Why not at the penthouse?" Shisui asked as he began to rack the balls.

Turning around, I carried both glasses to the small table on the other end of the room. This room was almost the same as before. The colors were brighter, and new furniture, but the setup was the same.

Sitting Shisui's glass down, I explained, "I was going to stay here tonight," I took a long sip, "Y/n wanted some time alone."

"Is that for the best?" Shisui set the rack down before picking up his glass.

Was it? No. Was it the truth? Yes and no.

I could see Shisui trying to read me as I placed my glass on the table. Picking up a cue, I moved to the end of the table. Rolling the cue ball on the felt, I thought about what to say. "She wanted some space." Not entirely a lie.

I bent and broke the balls as Shisui observed me.

"Did something happen?" He pressed the issue as I moved around the table to continue shooting.

I made two of each. I studied the table as he studied me. Shisui wasn't an idiot. And we grew up together. He knew me as well as I knew him. Or so I thought. He was in love with my wife, and I had no idea. Why would I tell him that I slept with Anko and Y/n was running around somewhere alone and upset? He'd run off and try to save the day. Wouldn't he?

There was a knock on the door of the study. Shisui and I exchanged a look as the door opened.

"Sir," Haru, a servant, peeked in, "there's someone here to see you."

"Who?" I asked as Haru looked at me.

She glanced behind her, "Kakashi Hatake," she seemed rather uncomfortable.

I blanched. "Let him in," Shisui responded as if Haru was being ridiculous.

There were about thirty feet between me and the door. As Haru stepped back to let Kakashi in, I kept my eyes trained on Shisui. Once Kakashi entered, my focus changed. He knew. The way he stalked toward me without a word was all I needed to know Y/n had talked to him.

Before he reached me, I put the cue on the table. Shisui scrambled around the table, seeing the punch coming as I did. I took the hit, letting him connect with my jaw. As I turned to look at him, he gave me a blow to the stomach. Before he could strike again, Shisui was pulling him back.

"The fuck is that for?!" Shisui had Kakashi in a headlock. Shisui's hands were locked behind Kakashi's neck. "What the hell is going on, Obito?"

Kakashi kicked at me, "You haven't even told him?!?!" I stared at him. "He fucked Anko!"

The look on Shisui's face was pure devastation. When the words registered, he let go of Kakashi due to shock. Kakashi stumbled forward as I straightened from his hit. The air grew thick as I looked between my best friend and the man I considered a brother.

"You-you cheated on Y/n?" Shisui leaned against the pool table as he put a hand on his head. "I don't even know what to say, Obito."

My face was blank as I said, "There's nothing to say," there wasn't at this point. "Y/n made her choice to walk out-"