How Far

Somehow there were no headlines that uttered the words: affair or Uchiha. Y/n was shocked, to say the least. Obito was too. Everyone that knew the truth was waiting for the bomb to drop. Then again, only Y/n, Tobirama, Hashirama, and Mito knew about her part in the horrid ordeal that was playing out. So it was only a matter of time before the cat was out of the bag.

Today, Y/n wasn't concerned with the tabloids. Or anything for that matter. Today Y/n was spending with her daughters. Picking up Kikyo from Zabuza, Y/n avoided all conversation. The man was reluctant to let her go without argument but didn't want to cause a scene in front of Kikyo.

Next came picking up Tsuki from Mikoto. Sakura was working one of her few shifts at the hospital. Over the last few years, she's taken a step back from Uchiha Corp and finished nursing school. She followed her dream for once in her life, thanks to Y/n's guidance. All in all, she avoided significant conflict for the day.

That was likely to change as she drove back to the mansion. She was planning how to deter the entire family from questioning while at dinner. While Kikyo and Tsuki would talk about the fun they had shopping and played at the park, that would only last so long. Originally, Y/n was going to stay at the mansion with the girls. However, she was doubting that choice now.

Driving through the city, Y/n glanced behind her. Coming to a stop at a light, her eyes scanned the people and cars surrounding her. There was a car she's sworn has been following her for the majority of the drive home from the park. Looking in the backseat without turning around, Y/n saw that Kikyo and Tsuki were talking about the toys she bought them.

Eyes drifting to the glove box, she worried if she should've put the gun in the door. The light turned green, and Y/n decided to take the long way through town to see if the black Lexus continued to follow her. Turn after turn, and the same car lingered behind her. It was the same technique she was taught to tail someone. And the same one that she was taught to look out for.

Worry clawed at Y/n as her palms became sweaty. Of course, it could simply be the paparazzi, but it was doubtful. Y/n knew deep down that someone wanted to keep tabs on her. The only problem was that list was long. It could be any number of people who wished to know her every move.

Finally losing most of the traffic, the Lexus had to stop directly behind Y/n. He kept a reasonable distance back, but he was close enough for Y/n to see his face. There was doubt in her mind who it was tailing her. Taking a significant risk, especially with her children in the car, Y/n waited for the right moment. She ran the light.

Thanking the heavens that the girls weren't paying attention, Y/n relaxed as she saw the Lexus remain back at the light. She should call Obito or even Zabuza. Or Kakashi. But she wouldn't. Parking in the mansion's rear, Kikyo bounced out of the car while Y/n helped Tsuki out of her seat. The family gathered their bags and headed for the home. Y/n never found it to be home. It was like a dungeon to her. She loathed the damn thing with every fiber of her being. There was nothing that could change how she felt about that place.

"There you are," Mikoto smiled as she helped Kikyo with a few bags, "I'll have Kim take these to your room." She pointed to a spot against the wall as she sat the bags down. "Now," she clapped her hands, "We need to discuss our Spring formal-"

"You know we can't go through with that, Mikoto," Y/n said in a calm voice as her daughters ran off to the playroom. "It will only start a string of gossip. Besides, we don't need to draw any more attention to the family. And, you'd be opening the mansion to strangers. Again."

Displeased, Mikoto pursed her lips as she stepped into the playroom, "You and Obito will be back to normal-"

"No," Y/n cut Mikoto off, "I'm not like you, Mikoto. Or Sakura. I can't turn a blind eye to my husband doing something like that. Before, during the case, it was one thing. But now, after everything we've been through, no. That's it. And do what you want about the formal. I think we should cancel all events for the year. I'm not the head of the family, so it's not my choice. I won't be attending, though."