62 | Man Down

Naia smirked as her messy-haired godbrother gaped at their rescue party of seventeen. Surely much more than what he had expected.

His emerald eyes landed on her and he immediately sprung forward, gathering her in his harms in a bone-crushing hug. She laughed as her hip hit the kitchen counter when he swayed them back and forth.

"Naia, thank Merlin you're alright." He sighed in her ear. The last time he had seen her, she was laying on a hospital bed looking close to death.

"It's good to see you, Harry." She laughed, letting him go so Hermione and Sirius could give him a hug.

One by one he greeted the rescue party, nodding at Kingsley and Moody, and hugging the likes of Fred, George, Arthur, Tonks, Charlie, and Bill. Lupin patted him on the back affectionately, while Ron, Hermione, Maria, and Matty stood with Naia by the kitchen entrance.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Muggle Prime Minister?" Harry asked.

"He can get along without me for one night. You are more important."

"And you! Aren't you supposed to be in hiding? I mean... what if someone sees you?"

"Exactly what I said." Lupin replied, glaring at Naia who just smiled innocently and shrugged. "Hey, I'm a ghost. The world is my oyster-"

"Yeah! What's the point of being dead when you can't be a free woman!" Fred cheered.

"I've been glamoured coming here, and my appearance won't mean much with the plan we have... well, you'll find out why soon enough."

"What do you mean? There's a new plan?" Harry asked.

"We had to abandon Plan A as Dedalus probably told you..." Moody grunted. "Pius Thicknesse has gone over, which gives us a big problem. He's made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Network, place a portkey here, or apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection to prevent You-Know-Who from getting at you-"

"Big help he is," Maria scoffed, "All he's done is stop you from getting out here safely."

Moody nodded in agreement, "Second problem: You're underage, which means you still got the Trace on you."

"The what?"

"The Trace, son," Sirius explained, "The charm that detects magical activity around under-seventeens. We can't wait until the trace breaks, because the moment you turn seventeen, Lily's protection will disappear."

"In short, Thickenesse thinks he's got you cornered good and proper." Moody added.

"So what are we going to do?"

"We're going to use the only means of transport left to us. Brooms, Thestrals, and Hagrid's motorbike."

"-MY motorbike," Sirius corrected, "But now I permanently bestow it upon Hagrid-"

"Blimey, Sirius! You mean it?" Hagrid asked in shock. "I was certain you'd ask for it back!"

"No need. Naia promised she'd buy me a new one for my birthday," he smirked at his daughter, "Given the insurance we've received since her death..."

"Oh and what a wise way to spend your insurance fraud money." Hermione glared at Naia as she shrugged. "He got me my firebolt. It's only fair."

"ANYWAY," Mad-eye glared at them for going on a tangent, "Now your mother's charm will only break under two conditions: when you come of age or you no longer call this place your home." He went to explain the entire plan to Harry.