The Most Important Mission

Prologue

Emmaline Vance was many things.

She was Brave. Brave enough to handle dueling four death eaters at once at the age of twenty.

She was a fierce friend. So fierce, that she faithfully followed her dearest friends into battle, and that tended to happen quite often.

She was selfless, sacrificing her life almost daily to fight for freedom and equality in the world she lived in. For the people she had come to care for and the future generation of witches and wizards to come.

But there was one thing she knew she wasn't. She wasn't ready to become a mother.

As brave and selfless as she was, she was also reckless and aloof. Quite a free spirit that enjoyed her freedom. Never in a million years did she plan on having kids. And the man before her was telling her to do just that.

"Emmaline, you could say no. But I would encourage that you don't... it was his last request before they took him to have you keep her."

Emmaline was heartbroken at the news her professor just gave her. Two of her closest friends- dead. Her best friend - sentenced to Azkaban. Her heart had felt like someone's just ripped it out, stepped on it, did the salsa, and then some. Yeah someone did. She thought. And he was also supposedly gone.

"Give her to me. No one will touch her. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but if it's what he would have wanted, there's no damn way I'm leaving her to anyone else."

She was determined now. Her eyes drifted to the little sleeping form on the couch. Poor thing, she thought. To lose their mother and father only a year apart- and so young. Suddenly, Emmaline's heart beat hard in her chest. The child didn't deserve this. Not when she knew just how loved she was by her parents.

And unknown to Emmaline at that moment, not when thousands of years of being enemies suddenly disappeared when one man fell in love with one woman and bore her as living proof of that.

She knew the child was special. The first of her kind anyone's ever heard of. This was more than just who would get her- it was a mission. Emmaline's most important one. Her first one without her best friend by her side. But no matter, she had a piece of him now.

"It is not safe to remain here, Emmaline. He may be gone, but his loyal followers remain. I'm afraid he was able to legilimens Calla's mind last year before her sacrifice and found out about the girl. There will be people after her. Word may get out, and we don't want the ministry finding out about this just as much as we do his followers."

"So where do we go, Albus?" She asked nervously, walking slowly to grab the baby girl in her arms.

"Go west for now. Do not dwell too long in the main land- she will need to be close to her element. I have already arranged a port key that will take us to the island state of the Americas, farther down west in the Pacific. No one will try to follow you there."

Emmaline gulped and nodded. Her life was about to change. She was starting a new one- all for the little sleeping girl in her arms.

"I will visit as much as I can, Emmaline you need not worry. The girl is strong. She is special, and must be kept an eye on. I'm afraid even I do not know the depths of this kind of magic, so we must tread carefully."

She recalled the events of that faithful night. The thunderstorm, the strong winds, and Calla's sad, troubled eyes that glowed with power. "Will she be just like her mother then, Albus?"

The headmaster pursed his lips and looked down at the baby, mystified. He could feel the magical energy in her aura, something he's never experienced from anyone else except her mother.

"No. She will be much worse."

.
.
.
Author's note

Hello lovely readers!

Just wanted to thank you all for reading Diving Into You.

It's been a story I've been debating on writing for a while now, and I'm so glad to finally be able to share it with you all.

Hope you enjoy. x

Willa