{ONESHOT} (Technoblade): Hold On 'Till May

Tw: suicidal actions, self harm, suicide, abuse, neglect

Requested? No ): I'm begging y'all please request.  I've only gotten one(1) request so far I really want new ideas for oneshots and preferences please 🥺

Age: 20

Pronouns: she/her

Notes: i TOLD Y'ALL IT'D BE A SONG FIC.  also, Riley is just a random guys name i came up with, maybe it's based off of some guy who used to bully me, maybe it's not, you'll never know

Enjoy, darlings!

_______________________

No One's POV
Techno sighed, leaning back in his chair and running his fingers through his hair.  Editing videos wasn't hard, it was just a long, tedious process, which didn't exactly keep his ADHD brain occupied.

He looked around his desk for something to occupy his mind for a few moments, to take a break from editing.  His eyes landed on a framed picture sitting off to the side on the edge of his desk.  The dusty glass showcased a photo from his highschool years, one of the few pictures of him.

In the photo, he stood with his arm around a girl, one much shorter than him- though that was a given- who looked up at him, her arms crossed, but she sported a toothy grin.  The sun shone on both of them, giving their skin a healthy glow, and highlighting the sweat that covered their faces in the mid-summer heat.

He frowned as he realized, the girl in the photo was wearing her black hoodie in the photo.  He frowned harder as he thought of what it probably meant.

She sits up high, surrounded by the sun,

She had always been a clumsy girl, despite her active nature.  She'd always be climbing trees, playground equipment, hell, even houses.  She made claims that it would make her closer to the sun, that it would make her closer to grabbing the nearest star to the earth.

"Look around, dude, it gives us light, it gives a warmth, don't you want to be surrounded by something like that?" She called down from the top of the oak tree in her front yard.

"You're gonna be surrounded by a full body cast if you don't get down, (__)! How'd you even get up there?!" The younger teen shouted back nervously.

One million branches and she loves every one,

Techno never understood why she'd gotten so close to him, not that he wasn't grateful, she'd just had so many friends before they started hanging out.  Of course, he never really liked them.  They were always using (__), taking advantage of her kindest and the fact that she loved them all dearly.

"I mean, they're my friends, man, at least they pay attention to me..."

Mom and dad, did you search for me?

Right...  Her parents...  He never really liked them either.  They didn't care what she did, they were always gone, just leaving some money on the counter with a note that said 'for food'.

"What about your parents, (__)?" Techno asked.  He had just been invited to spend the weekend with his best friend while his parents and siblings went on vacation.

"Oh, they went to my aunt's house for two weeks, they won't care." (__) reassured.

Techno stared at the girl for a moment, his brows furrowed in worry.  "I- you- just-..." He sighed.  "Yeah, that's fine, I'll ask my mom."

I've been up here so long I'm going crazy!

Techno's eyes went unfocused as he stared at his computer blankly, slipping into his memories of the girl he used to know.