{ONESHOT} (Dream): Fireworks /PLATONIC\

Tw: death, car crash

Requested? Nah

Age: 19

Pronouns: she/her

Notes: i'm just mad and still mourning from something that happened almost a year ago :')

Enjoy, darlings!

_________________

No One's POV
(__) sighed, her arms crossed as she looked up at the darkening sky, listening to the excited chatter coming from around the back of the house.

She never thought she'd hate such a colorful holiday.

She heard the screen door open behind her, and turned around to see who had stepped away from the festivities to get some alone time.

A blonde man with green eyes and tan skin stepped out onto the front porch, a red solo cup that was probably filled with Sprite in his hand. 

"What'cha out here for? The party's out back." He chuckled at the younger girl.

(__) gave a half hearted smile, watching as her friend came to stand beside her.  "Just don't like parties that much, especially when your the one hosting them, Dream." She teased.

Clay rolled his eyes with a scoff.  "Oh, so you're just not gonna tell me, okay," he huffed.  "Fine, I'll stand here until you crack." He said defiantly.

The shorter of the two frown slightly, looking back up at the sky again.  "I don't like the fourth of July, I hate it, in fact." She told him.  If she noticed the exaggerated frown grace her friends face, she didn't say anything.  "My best friend died in a car crash four years ago today...  I had seen her four days prior." (__) explained.

Dream frowned more believably this time, looking over at his friend.

Her eyes held a sadness he would never comprehend, and he suddenly noticed just how dull they looked today.

"I'm sorry..." He said, his eyes downcast, choosing instead to look down at her hands and black manicured nails.  "Is that...  Is that why you wear black for the first four days of the month?" He asked.

(__) nodded.  "And I wear blue for the rest of the month...  It was her favourite color." She whispered.

Clay nodded solemnly.  "Emily, right?" He asked quietly, looking back up to her eyes, finding them filled with unshed tears.

"Yeah," (__) nodded. "She's my best friend."

The two were silent, listening to the wind blow through the trees and their friends in the backyard, enjoying themselves and having fun.  Clay set his cup down on the railing of the porch, wrapping one of his arms around his friends.

"She loves you, (__)."

The girl nodded, sniffling quietly. 

The two stood on the front porch of Clay's house for a long time, and when the group out back started lighting the fireworks, the went to sit in the front lawn and watch.

Clay kept his arm wrapped around (__), rubbing her shoulder.

_________________

did i ever tell anyone that i miss my husband?? yes?? no?? oh well i do.