{ONESHOT} (Georgenotfound): Tired

Tw: implications of suicide, implications of death

Pronouns: she/her

Home country: not mentioned

Age: it changes throughout the story but you start off young

Notes: i had to write a story inside of a story and then this came to be and i realized it'd be perfect for a george oneshot even tho i don't really write for this book anymore

Enjoy, darlings!

_________________

No One's POV
The mortal lay beside him, hands folded together on her stomach, searching the night sky.  "May I help you?" He asked tiredly, stretching his stuff muscles as he sat up from his bed of flowers.

She stayed silent, continuing to gaze out at the endless expanse the gods had retreated to a millennia ago.

He frowned, narrowing his eyes at her.  "I asked you a question, mortal." He grumbled, nudging her side.

"I'm no god," she began softly.  "But you've been asked plenty of times to put me under your spell.  I came here to ask the same," she said.

The immortal chuckled.  "You realize if I do, you'll be forgotten?" He smirked.  He received no reply.  He silenced himself, finding tears trickling down her face as she kept her gaze steady on the stars.  "You...  You want that, don't you?" He whispered.

She shrugged, her chest rising with a deep breath.  "Everyone does."

His gaze traveled to his harp, laying in the grass by his feet.  It would be easy.  It wouldn't take much and he could go about his business and find out what kind of world he'd woken up in.  He shook his head.  "My spell is not what you seek," he sighed.  "I can see it.  You only require a friend."

Her gaze snapped over to him, eyes wide and full of disappointment.  "No, no, I don't need a friend- please, I'm just so tired, I'll do anything just don't let me stay awake for the world to exhaust me another day I-"

He held up a hand, silencing her.  "Visit me.  Befriend me first, and then, if you still wish, I will grant you sleep," he offered.

She sat up, a determined expression overcoming her features.

And so, seasons passed and she visited, she befriended the immortal.  She fell for his brown eyes and wise words, the way he would hold her on her worst days and let her be free on her best.  She knew he would never reciprocate her feelings, so she hid them away, suppressed them.

Eventually, they lost track of the seasons, and her soft skin aged, her silky hair was long gone and now the color of fresh snow.  She was older now, and yet he had stayed the same.  His youthful skin was as bright as the day he'd met her, his eyes were still the same beautiful brown.  His joints didn't ache, his memory was still sharp, he was untouched by time, his everlasting beauty sadly confined to her feeble memory.

She lay in the meadow for the last time, beside him like when they had met.  "Tell me a story, so that I might rest," she whispered.

His chest rose with a deep breath, sinking as he exhaled.  "I do not want you to rest," he said.  "You must stay awake, our story cannot be finished."

She smiled, taking his hand.  "You are right, our story is not finished.  I will see you again when you awake next." She assured, gazing into his tired brown eyes.

"I cannot wait that long,"

She only smiled up at him.  "Tell me a story," she whispered again.

He sighed, closing his eyes.  Teardrops landed on her skin, sliding down into the ground.  "Once upon a time..."

_________________

SURPRISE SHAWTIES

i bet you thought i'd never come back to this book, huh?  yeah lol sorry about that

i'm still in the dsmp/mcyt fandom but i've kinda branched off into others so it kinda distracts me from writing only mcyt so i apologize

anyways some news: i'm mad at my husband lol, he's been ignoring me since fucking JUNE and i've told him i love him and his response is always something like 'i know' which is really starting to piss me off

but whatever

also unfortunately for those of you who have read 'i wanna fucking quit' and the authors note at the end, THE BITCHY TEAMMATE DIDNT LEAVE AND I'M PISSED

oh but on another note i started practicing with another derby team that is much better than mine as well as going to my normal practice, and as someone who thrives off of positive attention, it's been really nice

anyways love y'all, hope you enjoyed <3