13

Colby

I watched as Sam tried to bribe the Taylor brothers with other things besides Nellie who had no idea what was going on beside me laying on the floor bleeding out.

I didn't know what came into me to call her name while she was scared and freaking out.

"Nellie." I whispered

She looked over at me with her red eyes and tear stained face and walked over to me crouching down.

"Go into the bathroom and get some gauze."

She left and came back just like that with different bandages, gauze, and tape setting them on the floor.

"Ok I need you to clean the wound as best as you can. Ok?"

She nodded and started to wipe the blood off as kindly as she could, whimpering everytime I would hiss or Sam was starting to fail more and more on them trying to take something else.

"Now quickly put bandage or something on it." I said

She quickly did it while tears flowed out of her eyes, her hands full of blood along with her clothes.

"Nellie this is really important, there is a gun in my nightstand drawer it is loaded and is definitely not on safety, I need you to get it and aim it and those two guys."

She shook her head "No Colby, I can't do that."

"Nellie it'll probably save you if you do it, and I know those two are ten times worse then me and Sam."

She stood up walking to my room, I know she didn't want to do it but she would have to save all three of our lives.

"You know what the sun is going to come up soon and we need to get going if we don't want to get caught." Brennen said looking at me

"So where did the girl go?" Jake asked

There was a bang and Jake went falling to the ground gripping his shoulder, while Brennen looked past me.

"Well she caught on to some things but horrible at aiming." Brennen said

Jake stood back up gripping his shoulder and whispered in Brennens ear making him smirk and looked at Nellie like she was a piece of meat.

He nodded "You can keep her for now but we'll be back for her."

"No you won't." I whispered as they left out the fire escape

Nellie dropped the gun bursting in tears as Sam helped me up taking me to the couch.

Sam was whispering to Nellie to the point where I couldn't hear.

"No Sam, I want to go home." She cried out

He whispered again making Nellie stop crying or at least tried to.

"You promise." She said making me wonder what he promised her

I turned my head around seeing Sam pick her up and take her to my room where he shut the door.

"What did you promise her?" I whispered

"Nothing you need to worry about." He said