28

Colby

Nellie was still crying, Nate got annoyed and went out along with Sam saying it was my problem cause I took her.

"Nellie baby please settle down." I said wiping her tears once again

She shook her head.

How much tears does this girl have? I wiped her face with the pad of my thumbs.

"Wanna lay down?" I asked

I knew she was going to fall asleep sooner or later but with Nellie you never know.

Surprisingly she nodded, I picked her up bridal style going over to the couch where she rested her head on my lap. I grabbed a blanket covering her with it before putting a movie on.

~~~

And of course I was right, Nellie fell asleep just like that once the movie came on. Making me smile, yeah she looked worse then what she did before with her tear stained face and dark circles. All she really needed was a good night sleep.

"Ah you finally got her to fall asleep." Sam said sounding relieved

"Yeah, where did you go?" I asked

"Oh you know just robbed another bank." Nate said going upstairs

Sam sat on the floor facing me and Nellie "You sleeping on the couch tonight?"

I nodded "I finally got her to sleep so I'll stay like this for her."

Sam nodded "Night bro."

"Night." I quietly said

~~~

I woken up a few times due to Nellie trying to find a comfortable position which was on her stomach with her legs hanging off the arm of the couch along with her head on my lap.

Footsteps were heard coming down the stairs making me look there seeing Sam with bed head.

"You're up early." He said

"So are you." I said checking the time which was 2 in the morning

"Eh I'm hungry." He said going to the fridge

I hummed knowing it was nothing new.

"How has she's been sleeping?" He pointed towards Nellie

"Like a rock only shifted a few times." I said stroking her hair

The microwave started to beep making Nellie stir and groaned but went right back to sleep. Sam grabbed his food going back upstairs shutting his door.

I leaned on the arm rest closing my eyes falling asleep once again.