25

Sam

"We didn't do anything to it." I mumbled

Nellie was pushing her plate away making me frown each time, Colby tried to show her we didn't do anything by eating something off of her plate but she still didn't take it.

"We aren't leaving till you eat a little bit of something." Colby said

"We're leaving?" She asked

We nodded "The plan is California."

She sighed and got up going to the bed laying down facing the wall, me and Colby looked at eachother knowing we were going to have trouble with Nellie emotionally.

We both got up going and sitting on each side of her.

"Talk to us Nellie." Colby said rubbing her shoulder

She shook her head.

"Just because we're most wanted doesn't mean we won't push everything aside just for you." I said smiling

She cracked a small smile "Can we get ice cream?"

We nodded, all three of us getting up. Colby gave Nellie a hoodie she slipped on pulling the sleeves over her wrist.

~~~

We sat in a booth, watching as Nellie happily ate the ice cream we also got ice cream but finished it quickly before she did.

"Why are we going to California, why not somewhere closer?" Nellie spoke up

"Big cities to hide." Colby said

She nodded looking around before elbowing me.

"Ow what?" I hissed

"Look." She nodded her head towards someone across from us

He was staring at us and looked quite familiar, Colby also stared before mumbling under his breath.

"Do we know him?" I asked

Colby nodded "Another person we left on bad terms."

We left too many people on bad terms which made us go on the run for a while every once in a while robbing banks, hacking bank accounts. Pretty much anything that we can get our hands on.

"We gotta go, lets go Nellie." Colby said grabbing her hand once I was out of the booth

"Don't look at him." I whispered making her slightly nod

We walked out of the ice cream shop walking down the street back to the hotel.

~~~

Nellie wasn't very happy about going back into the car but Colby promised her we would stop once in a while just for her. She layed across the backseats  staring at the car ceiling tapping her fingers on her stomach.

"When can I call Jake?" She asked

We looked at eachother both of us knowing she met her roommate and not Brennens brother.

"Never." We both said at the same time

"Not even just to say 'hi' and that I'm ok?" She said sadly

"No Nellie." I said sadly

It was silent.

Both me and Colby knew that we hurt Nellie and there was only one way to make it up to her.