67

Colby

"Do we really have to leave?" Nellie whined

"Yes Nellie." I said angrily

We pulled into the parking lot and I grabbed her hand walking into the store, we came here for another suitcase and some duffel bags then we would quickly leave as fast as we can without anyone noticing us.

I layed in bed with Nellie my phone wouldn't stopped buzzing and I was afraid it would wake Nellie up, I turned over to my nightstand picking up my phone seeing messages from a unknown number.

Unknown- Interesting girl you got there. Does she always get jealous?

Unknown- I can take her off your hands bro, you can find me anywhere.

Unknown- Nice apartment too must of got it for the girl to shut her up

Unknown- 100,000 for the girl Colby or else I'll tell your father where you three are

Once I woke up I quickly told Sam and we chose to leave and make our way to Kansas, and our friend would take the apartment till we come back. I dragged Nellie around the store with her pouting every so often.

"What about my fish?" She said holding onto my arm

"Nellie, sweetie I told you our friend will take great care of him." I said

We went to the checkout waiting in line, I felt Nellie rock on her heels as she still gripped onto my arm people would pass and awe at us saying we looked adorable together.

It was our turn and as I was about to pay Nellie tugged on my arm, I ignored it till she started elbowing me in the ribs making his hiss in pain.

"Nellie! Stop!" I said as we started walking away

"No Colby look!" Nellie said pointing

I looked at a mother and son talking to a security guard they pointed at us as the guard followed seeing us standing there like deer in the headlights.

"Nellie run." I said pushing her

She wouldn't move and stood there.

"Nellie seriously move!" I said this time grabbing her hand and running

We ran through the parking lot while the guard chased after us, we threw everything in the car and got in as I started the car and drove away.

"Jesus christ." I said breathing heavily

"Do we still have to leave?" Nellie quietly asked

You are fucking with me.

"YES NELLIE AND THAT IS REASON ONE PEOPLE ARE RECOGNIZING US!" I yelled

She gasped but kepted her mouth shut looking out the window and the guilt punched me right in the fucking face, I just made things better with her and I just ruined it.