78

Nellie

I stared at the guy in front of me, Colby's Dad. He stares back at me his eyes never leaving mine and it made me nervous.

"Nellie, I remember you when you were very little." He finally said

I looked at him confused I don't remember seeing him at all when I was younger.

"You maybe don't know remember but your father used to work with me. He was a big alcoholic."

I nodded slightly knowing the alcoholic part but not knowing he used to work for him. There was yelling and I looked at the door before looking back at Colby's Dad who just smirked.

I fiddled with my fingers, I didn't want to be in here any longer.

"I know what happened to your father Nellie and we both know that you want to know why he got killed." He said folding his hands on the desk

I looked at him with my mouth slightly opened "What really did happen?"

"I was with him we were alley way waiting for another group we wanted to make a deal then eventually form a group together." He started

There was another yell then laughing.

"The deal went totally wrong nothing how we planned it, our enemies were watching us and once they came to make a deal, a shoot out happened and your father got shot and died right there in that alley way. We heard sirens and everyone ran leaving your father there."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes, he just left him there and didn't bother to go back for his body.

"Why didn't you go back for him?" I asked

He shook his head "When I did the police had everyone there, and they took his body away."

"I wanna go to Colby." I whispered

"No, you will stay here." He said getting up

"No please, just this once." I said

He shook his head and left locking the door behind him.