56

Sam

My lighter wasn't where I left it making me wonder who used it, I always leave it near the key bowl but it was on the kitchen counter near the garbage can. For me being nosy I looked in it seeing a wrapper and two candles you would use for a birthday.

"Weird." I whispered

I decided to skip my morning smoke and watch the news, they haven't said anything about Nellie in a while leaving me think they left it a cold case.

Today you join us for Nellie, there has been no signs of her, people slowly lose hope saying she's dead or doesn't want to be found. But today is Nellie's 21st birthday and if she is watching everybody wishes you a happy birthday Nellie.

It was Nellie's birthday today which means she was never asleep last night she waited for us to leave so she can celebrated herself last night. But why wouldn't she tell us about it?

"What was that about?"

Colby's voice made me jump putting my hand to my chest.

"Uh it's Nellie's birthday today." I quietly said

Colby stared at me and laughed a little "She would of told us."

I shrugged "look in the garbage of you don't believe me"

"Yeah Sam like something is actually-." Colby said before he stopped

"I told you." I said

"Oh, well then what do we do?" He asked

Colby never was good at these things, last year for my birthday he got a new pack cigarettes saying he used all of mine since he lost his pack. But for Nellie it's totally different she has to have something perfect.

"Well we get her presents before she wakes up and make her breakfast so-"

"You make breakfast I get the gifts, got it!" Colby cut me off

"No Colby-" I sighed as he grabbed his shoes and a beanie and left

I feel bad for when she opens for what Colby got her, I shivered just thinking of it making me go to the kitchen and grab different supplies to make breakfast.

At least this better then Colbys present selecting.