86

Nellie

I stared at the big building in front of me, Colby came behind me and put his hand on my back.

"Remember just walk in like you know what you're doing and find a office that's had Mr.Brock on it." Colby said

"It's easier said then done Colbs." I said

"I know but I narrowed it down a bit for you, he's either on the eighth or ninth floor if not those then try the tenth." He said

I nodded "What happens if I don't find it?"

"You will babygirl." He said "Now go and quick."

I walked in opening the big glass doors and walking towards the stairwell where Colby said I won't get caught up in a big group of people who might recognize me.

~~~

I huffed as I finally made it to the eighth floor, I adjusted the skirt I was wearing and started quickly walking down the hallways looking at the name tags on the wall. After not finding his name I found another stairwell going up to the next floor.

Finding nothing on the ninth floor I made it up to the tenth floor where there were less doors then on the past floors. I slowly walked down the hallway not wanting to miss the name of it's up here.

I stopped at the last door at the end of the hallway seeing the name said Mr.Brock, I grabbed the door handle and opened the door of course I didn't bother thinking why it was left unlocked. Walking straight to the desk I started digging through all the different filing cabinets and any boxes filled with paper.

All I was looking for was this file that said Brock Project but I couldn't find it, I looked another time in the desk seeing a orange file taking it out it said what Colby said it was supposed to be, loud footsteps were heard almost running down the hallway making me panic.

Where was I supposed to go? There was no other rooms past this one and I can't run out to crash into the person. I got down on my knees and crawled under the desk, it wasn't the best hiding spot but it was the only spot. The footsteps slowed down and walked into the room and huffing was heard.

Holding the file close to my chest the person trashed the place throwing the cabinets onto the floor and threw paper all over the place. The guy walked in front of the desk and I pulled my legs closer to me, he opened every single drawer finding nothing due to him groaning.

"Fuck." He whispered

I shuffled a bit trying to get as close to the corner as I could but as I did I hit my head and let out a 'ow' before slapping my hand over my mouth.

"What the hell?" He whispered before crouching down