55

Nellie

We spent the rest of the afternoon and night watching movies, at some point in the movie we were going to finish before going to bed, I shut my eyes leaning up against the arm rest of the couch.

"Nellie go to bed." I heard Colby whisper

"Let her sleep, she'll wake up and crawl into bed." Sam said

It was quiet as I felt them both get off the couch and heard the likes click off but they left the Tv on.

"Night baby girl." Colby whispered

I didn't say anything as I kepted my eyes shut, I waited a bit after it was quiet before opening my eyes and sat up. After hearing nothing for a few minutes I got up going to the bathroom shutting the door quietly, I opened the cupboard under the sink moving a box and seeing the cupcake and candles.

I smiled as I pulled both of them out and quietly walked back out to the kitchen, now all I had to look for was a lighter. And of course Sam leaves his sitting on the kitchen counter near the key bowl, I grabbed it before walking towards the balcony door slowly opening it then shut it once I was outside.

I put two candles on top of the cupcake and lite them with Sam's lighter, I turned back towards the door watching the microwave clock.

11:58

Just two more minutes.

I waited at the balcony door staring at the clock.

11:59

Just one more minute, I looked down at the cupcake in my hands.

12:00

I smiled blowing out the candles before sighing.

"Happy Birthday to me." I whispered looking at the city lights

~~~

I threw the candles and wrapper away once I was done, I wiped my hands on my sweatpants before shutting the kitchen lights off and walked to Colbys room. I crawled into the bed covering my self up and sighing once again.

"Whats wrong?" Colby whispered making me jump

"Nothing." I said

Only he didn't know it was my 21th birthday and I wasn't spending it with Jake liked we planned.