35

Colby

I looked at the pale girl sleeping, bowls of soup sitting on the nightstand untouched along with some medicine. I took the bowls going to the kitchen and putting them in the container putting it in the fridge.

"Did she eat?"

I looked up seeing Josh.

I shook my head "Everything was untouched."

Josh looked genuinely worried about Nellie, I mean who wouldn't she looked like she was dying right infront of you.

"I'll check her temperature again, what did you say it was?" I asked

"104 point something." Josh said "I would grab a ice pack and set it on her head, it'll control her temp."

I nodded thanking him for taking care of her before grabbing a ice pack, I turned around seeing Nellie slowly coming down the stairs wrapped in the blanket.

"Nellie baby, what are you doing?" I asked walking towards her

She rested her head on my chest and I hugged her, I slightly pulled away setting the ice pack on her head.

"Go back and lay down, I'll lay with you." I said hoping she'll take the bait and I'll be able to leave again finishing my business

She nodded and I led her back to the bedroom letting her get comfortable first before I crawled in. I put the icepack back on her head and started to rub her stomach since Sam said she kept complaining about it.

~~~

Once again I was right Nellie was once sleeping like a rock, I crawled out of bed going downstairs grabbing my jacket and the gun on the table near the door.

"Where are you going?" The voice was Sam's making me freeze

"I have business to do." I said facing him

"Leaving your girlfriend again, I ain't telling her I'm not rubbing her stomach again." Sam said crossing his arms

"Not my girlfriend she's my hostage." I said

"Well you treat your hostage like a princess." Sam said "I'll watch your hostage till you get back but you owe me."

"Fine and thanks." I said before walking out to the car

~~~

The guy rubbed his hands together smirking while looking around, another one of my father's member taking the bait of me 'giving' Nellie away.

"So where's the girl?" He asked

"In the car, follow me." I said nodding my head

He followed to the truck of the car smiling once again making me roll my eyes. He opened the door seeing it was emptied he looked at me before I knocked him out with the butt of the gun.

Mike shook his head "Another dumbass."

Mike and Ariya have been out a lot and Mike said he would help me on this guy since it took him forever to convince him to 'take' Nellie.

"I know." I said

We threw him in the truck closing the door before getting in the car and driving back to the house.