40

Colby

Whining woke me up making me look at Nellie who wouldn't stop moving, I shook her shoulder a little and whispered her name.

"Baby girl what's wrong?" I whispered

She sniffled "Sorry, I can't sleep and it bothers me."

I felt her forehead feeling that her head wasn't warm like it used to be.

"And why is that?" I whispered

I felt her shrug "I don't know probably from sleeping all day."

I laughed a little and hugged her "Oh baby girl."

I looked over at the curtains seeing a orange color letting me know we slept all day and the sun was starting to set. And damn we are messing up our sleep schedule especially Nellie.

"Try going back to sleep. At least for a little bit." I said rubbing her back

She sighed hiding her face in the crook of my neck "I'm hungry."

I smiled "Then lets get something from the vending machine."

She got off of me getting off the bed waiting for me to get up, once I did I slipped a shirt on grabbing some money and the card to get back in.

I opened the door for Nellie and quietly shut it, she grabbed my hand as we walked down the hallway finding the machines.

"What do you want?" I asked

"Anything." She said

I put the money in getting some chips and candy before we starting walking back to the room hand in hand making me feel different then all the other girls. When I opened the door Nellie went straight to the bed opening her chips up while waking Sam up in the process.

"Did you get food without me?" He asked sitting up

"Maybe." I said sitting next to her

"I want some." He whined

I threw him a bag of bag of chips making him smile like a kid on Christmas.

Nellie finished eating and layed in between my legs with her back to my chest playing with my rings on my one hand with her eyes closed, before I knew she was was fast asleep once again.

"And you haven't thought about it." Sam mumbled