49

Colby

The terror in Nellie's eyes told me enough of what they did especially with her screaming and begging, the worst part was I didn't try to do anything to stop them. I knew Nellie was mad at me once again, but she was to scared to say anything.

"Nellie." I whispered

I scooted over near her and touched her leg, she slapped my hand away before realizing it was me.

"I'm sorry." She said

"No I am, I didn't try to stop them." I said looking at her

She didn't answer me just looked at me before slightly nodding.

I looked around "You know I never told you my childhood."

"I didn't think you would want to." She said

"Well now I do." I said sitting next to her

She sat closer to me taking my arm and pulled it close to her chest.

"I'm from Kansas also, living with my mom, dad and I had two dogs. I was more of a quiet kid during then only talking when I had too, I was even in band class."

Nellie snickered "Band class?"

"Yes band class baby girl." I smiled "Can I get back to my story?"

She nodded before letting out a little giggle.

"My dad was very abusive and still is to this day, I knew my dad was in all this criminal and gang things but I never questioned it to him nor my mom. I lot of the times I noticed by his mood when something went right or wrong."

"How? I mean wouldn't that take a lot of practice?" Nellie asked

I shook my head "For me no, when he came home happy the deal or whatever went the way it should of but if he came home angry something didn't go as plan. He would take it out on me and my mom beating us and all. A few years ago when I wanted to break away from my dads gang, I came home to find my mom dead."

Nellie did a quiet gasp.

"Of course my dad was drunk and killed her, I left then soon I found Sam and we formed our own little group. Soon we started to get big and a lot of attention so thats why we've been on the road a lot it's what me and Sam were used to. Then every one in a while we would rob banks or hack people's bank accounts to get money."

I felt her nodded up against my arm, it's surprising she's still listening.

"But why is he after you now?" She asked

"Well I don't know but me and Sam believe its because we have you in our hands." I said

She nodded "But what about Brennen and Jake?"

"Well we left them on bad terms, we took money from them and never did our side of the deal." I said

"Makes a little bit of sense." She mumbled

I laughed quietly "You'll understand soon babygirl."