《June》 The Strays: Volume One

Reviewer: Junective
The Strays: Volume One by Cecilia_Faith

Thank you so much for giving me the chance to review your story.

It was a great story and I enjoyed it.

❥ Title: A great title. It gives a bit of gist to the story and matches the plot very well as the main characters are strays. A good title.

❥ Cover: A really good cover. The colors went well together and the font was a perfect match. The cover also gives out a mysterious vibe and the title was visible. A great cover.

❥ Blurb: A well-written blurb giving off just the right amount from the plot which leaves the readers curious and entices them to read more. And the word choice was amazing but a very few grammatical errors were spotted though.

❥ Storyline: The storyline was great but to be honest, I think you need to work on it a bit more. Sometimes it is like the same thing is repeating as they flee then takes another place and the murderer finds them, it was really interesting but at a point it became a bit repeated, So I suggest you add something into it without the need of changing the entire plot.
Also, they had a lot of wounds like Blaize's leg was badly wounded. So it must be still very difficult for him to keep on running.
But all chapters were ended perfectly with little cliffhangers. And you have a great style of writing and even though you write long paragraphs which usually makes it difficult for the reader to read. Still, you pulled it out quite well. Overall a great plot.

❥ Characters: The characters were well developed and introduced. And I also liked your method of making the main character give the antagonists some funny names which also added some humor and helped the reader remember the antagonists very well.
But sometimes you have failed to capture the emotions of the characters. And also maybe, after the female protagonist's boyfriend's death, you can add the scene where she grieves for him so the readers could feel her a bit more.

❥ Grammar and punctuations: The grammar was on point and no typos were found. Lack of punctuation was found in very few areas, it was just commas you mainly missed to add.

❥ Conclusions: A really great story that I actually read the entire book, usually I read the books which I get till half, if it's too long but this one was good that I ended up reading it fully. Your writing style was really great and your book has a lot of potential. Overall an excellent book.

Best Wishes