《Pheculiar》 The earl of Douglas

Reviewer: _pheculiar
Book: The earl of Douglas
Writer : Burkesrules

First of all, I'd like to commend your title. I like that it had this question to it, you know, I was wondering which earl? In my opinion, I think it's a great way to hook readers to read on. Your cover I would say is not the most attractive thing, I'll be honest- the fonts aren't well placed, as some aren't really visible and the primary colors really distracting. I would suggest that you find a basic colour and use a bolder font.

Your blurb is good, you know- it's not telling too much but enough to make you read on. Although, I feel it would be better a bit shorter with more relevant information. As for your opening chapter, I really did like it. There is the fact that Sir William's death came as a more of a sudden shock, which will have to be unfolded and the fact that I take a likening to Eoin.

You really did a good job with your grammar and punctuation, a job well done. I can't say much about originality, as I haven't read a lot of fantasy novels, but yours is quite a good read. Your flow is consistent, doesn't rush things too much - I could understand most parts of it. It also put a smile on my face reading words like 'yer' 'cannae' . I don't see that everyday.

In all, you are doing a really wonderful job, keep it up and Goodluck!