《Rose》Through Her Eyes

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: jugnuu

I like how the title deals with perspective and vision, two things that are important to storytelling as a whole. The cover is also incredibly stunning - the photography, the layout, everything about it is very eye catching and appealing. I think that the blurb could use some work in the sense that some of the quotations can be removed, as we don’t want too many quotes to take away from the main idea of the story. However, the opening is very serene and calm, and I like the vibe that it gives off for the rest of the story. It seems fresh and inviting, and I think that it works well in your favour. The grammar could use some editing, as I feel you could cut down on some of the exclamatory sentences that are used between transitioning paragraphs. The plot itself is written well, it is clear and concise, and easy to understand. But I think you can work on the coherence between certain ideas that are expressed in the book. This is mainly between the dialogues of the characters. Sometimes, (and I’m being quite critical here, my apologies in advance) the dialogue feels a bit flat between the two leads. I know that there is supposed to be some sort of tension between the two, some sort of rapport that you are trying to build. However, you have to make sure to structure the dialogue in a way that reflects how the characters feel about each other. Make sure to focus on the subtle cues as well, such as their body language and tones within their actions, as these also have slightly noticeable implications between them. I also feel as if their interactions move a bit fast, as if they are becoming friends too quickly. However, this is all simply my opinion, and you can take this as you will. But overall, the emotions are very high-stake in this story, and that makes the plot all so refreshing and intense. Amazing work Krishnanya, and all the best on your writing!