《Rose》God Trials: Demeter

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: infuation

I think that the title is pretty interesting. In terms of what I already know about Greek mythology (and what I know could fill a shelf of books in a library), I think that this seems like a very unique read. The cover is majestic, and I am truly in love with the way in which you choose to portray your characters. I believe that in Greek mythology, we are accustomed to imagining deities in their Caucasian forms, but having this kind of representation is diverse and refreshing, so I congratulate you on making such a kind choice. The blurb is nice and structured, and I like how it provides lots of details and insight into what your book will be about. However, I suggest adding more of a creative element to it, as we want the blurb to be an accurate representation of the fignmented writing that you are capable of. The opening chapter is beautiful, I love how we already have a way of establishing structure and coherence in the story. The plot flows very well, and I can see how you as a writer are planning to take this. However, I advise on some concepts. First of all, having chapter numerics as well as titles adds more to the organization of the book. I think such can be further enhanced by the removal of the chapter questions that you have at the top of each piece. I understand that you are trying to create more interaction and involvement in your comment section, but alas, I think your writing should speak for itself. The emotional appeal is stunning however, and I can sort of imagine how this could formulate into a series of Greek mythological spin offs and series. Great work. Lastly, your grammar. I think that most of your sentences make sense, and I can follow along with almost no losses, but I suggest using an editor.