《Rose》After Dusky

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: Hassina_G

The title is ordinary and simple, yet it gets straight to the point as a direct title should. I like how you chose to take a certain time period of an average day and make that into your title, as it is a choice that represents your text effectively. The cover is dark and mysterious, which I suppose fits with the post-apocalypse vibes that you are trying to portray. However, in my humble opinion, I think it would have been more appropriate to incorporate a sunset or pre-twilight sky somewhere on the cover. I think this because sunsets are known for iconically showing the end of a day in a vision of beauty, and as well, the absence of the sun. But again, it is your choice, and that I will leave up to you to decide. The blurb has lots of detail into your plot, and adds a lot of descriptive language into it. But I would like to add that the grammar of it is somewhat lacklustre, and the coherence amongst the last few sentences is slowly decreasing in terms of comprehensibility. I know that may sound harsh, but I am trying to be as critical as possible, so please forgive me. Aside from that, the opening is intense and pretty spooky, if I say so myself. I like the vocabulary you use to describe the events unfolding, and this use of style and description is what really drives your plot at this point in the creative process. Since your book is relatively new, I cannot comment much on the characters or their development, but from the ones I can depict it’s going pretty well. The grammar and coherence need some work, but the emotional appeal is great and I like how that plays out. Overall, I can see a straight direction in which this story could go, and I hope that you have a great time mingling within the writing process. Keep up the amazing work Hassina!