《Ana》Deja Vu: The First Phase

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: Livin2Write

➼COVER (7/10)
The cover seemed too simple for a story as deep and interesting as this. You could have used the character face claims and added a better font (just a suggestion). The title fulfills the deed of displaying the title and the author's name very well but it could have been more attractive. I suggest using more eye-catchy colors to make readers notice your book.

➼TITLE (7/10)
Not the most unique title. I have come across plenty of stories (on Wattpad) with the title ‘Deja Vu’. Especially since its a part of a series that you’re working on it would have been better if you had used a more uncommon title but the title corresponds to the storyline really well which is what is important.

➼BLURB (9/10)
The blurb was on point and of the average length. Something that I noticed in the description was that you had used many ellipses (...) in between words which overall makes the paragraph look a little messy. Otherwise, the blurb was interesting and intrigues readers to know more. The trigger warnings were also on point and well mentioned.

➼PLOT (10/10)
It was a plot that switches a lot between the past and present. The past being 400 years ago makes it really interesting to me. I like the overall concept of reincarnation used here and how it brings two strangers (in the present) together.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
This book was certainly an original work by the author! The effort taken by the author to construct the plot for a trilogy is visible throughout the pages.

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
Your writing style was quite impressive and a kind that has readers hooked. One thing I noticed was that your chapters were dialogue-heavy (as in, too many dialogues in one chapter) If you work on the descriptiveness of the book more, I think it’ll leave more impact on the readers.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (9/10)
Absolutely in love with the cast you chose for your story. I think they are just the right fit for their roles in the book. I mentioned this in the ‘writing style’ section of this review, there were too many dialogues between the characters and too little description. Although, I must say each conversation between the characters was realistic, especially the use of accent in the lines.
I secretly enjoyed the sudden kiss between Advait and Shreya even though there was a deeper meaning to their interaction in connection with their past.
As for the story development, it was pretty smooth. Keep up this pace for all your books and you’re good to go!  

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (8/10)
The start of the story would have been more impactful if you had started by describing the surroundings and the setting more. There was a lack of descriptiveness in a lot of places.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
There are only a few grammatical errors here and there, and most of them are silly mistakes that are caused due to a slip of the mind or simple punctuation mistakes. I’m sure you already know this but I recommend using Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (9/10)
Overall, I had a great time reading your work. This is the perfect novel for readers like me who enjoy romance and the concept of reincarnation. I’ll certainly recommend this to my friends.

➼OVERALL (86/100)
I’m glad you chose me as your reviewer, thank you! Have a great day/night, Meera.
                        ~Ana