《Rose》 The Interrogation

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: The_Adorable-Weirdo

So before I get into it, I must confess. A thriller? A crime thriller? A short story crime thriller?! Amazing. I’m a huge short-crime-thriller nerd, so you’ve hit the jackpot. I really like the title, as I believe it reflects your story well. The cover is alright, but I wouldn’t say it’s very memorable. You can choose to change it if you’d like, and I’d prefer that more so to the one now. The blurb is nice and simple, but I’d like you to have more details. Of course, not so many that you spoil the plot, but you know what I mean. The opening is pretty interesting, and I admire how the readers get glimpses into what the setting is entailing. The plot is short, but I have to say, it’s impressive. The characters are all sort of odd, in a way that I must know more about them. (This creates magnificent emotional appeal, so wonderful job). The coherence could use some work, as there were some chapters in which I was left feeling confused. As a writer, you should be asking yourself, “I know more than the reader does, but how do I carefully preserve certain information from them? How do I progressively leak it, and not just reveal everything at once?”. But the grammar is stellar, and overall, this is a great story I will surely draw inspiration from. Keep up the breathtaking work Sunshine!