《Kailyn》Meraki

Reviewer: Kailucy
Written by: Mitali2203

Title:

I love the title. It really fits for the poetry collection given the meaning of the word. It's such a beautiful word, to begin with, but paired with this poetry collection it's even more amazing.

Cover:

The cover is gorgeous. The fonts used are perfect and match the image wonderfully. Very well done.

Overall:

Overall, it's a great poetry collection. You certainly have a way with words. There were a few mistakes, however, but I wasn't sure if they were intentional or not given poetry has a different set of rules when it comes to typical grammar and spelling.

thoughts on individual poems:

Elysian death

This was a perfect beginning! Something about this one is hauntingly beautiful and I had to read it several times before I was able to continue to read. I knew based on this poem alone this was going to be a great collection and that I was going to have a hard time picking out the individual poems for this review.

Future

This one started out so sweet and then turned to depressing with the very last line. The rhyme scheme in this one was superb and flowed nicely. Beautifully done!

Sometimes

This one I personally connected with so I felt the need to bring it out. It was full of questions I ask myself all of the time and thought it was amazing how you got it into words, and it was done perfectly. 

Nemesis

I love how this one is written, it's so empowering to anyone having a hard time and I love that in poetry. It flows nicely and the message is great.

Charms

The first two lines were absolutely stunning! It set up the poem and I loved the way it turned out. It's short but leaves a lasting mark.

Signboard

I'm bringing this out because it was the perfect ending to the book. The lines "But I drive the same road - Cutting open healed wounds" had my heart. It's so simply written but it has so much emotion in it, and those lines anyone could relate to. By far one of my favorite poems!