《Rose》Their Elemental Curse

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: MomoOnTheGogo

First of all, I really like the title. I like how you choose to focus on a group of characters instead of just one, and I think that adds that layer of interest and depth that you might require in your story to hook readers in. The cover is also nice, however, I feel as though you could focus on one solid aesthetic. I think if you make the images a bit more clear and use some more graphic designing characteristics in the cover, it would look a lot more polished and clean. That’s not saying that I’m not a fan, but I just see a wide space for improvement. Yet, I do think that the blurb is great. You provide just the right amount of detail in a very clean, understandable way, and I think that the simplicity of it all is very professional. The opening is a classic display for informing the readers with a lot of data and such, so you did a great job on a general prologue of the story itself. The plot moves at a solid pace, and I find that each chapter links well with the former and the latter of it. I think that in terms of the transitions themselves, you can add more suspense and thriller elements to them so that readers aren’t just skipping over chapters to get to the more interesting bits. I feel as though when writing a story with a longer chapter count, each chapter should contribute something equally as important to the overall storyline.
If you take out this one chapter, how would the whole story fall apart? If you were holding a physical copy of the book and one of these chapters was not printed, how would that affect how the reader understood or even interpreted the tale? By considering this and reworking the plot just a bit, I think you could make waves. The characters are amazing, I love how they have these strong-mind thought processes and complex feelings that mingle well with the relationships they have with other characters. The grammar is flawless as far as I’ve seen, but the coherence and emotional appeal can be worked on a bit with the transitions as I mentioned earlier. I also feel like you could work a bit more on consistency. One small detail that bothered me was that all your chapters were titled numerically, except for a few. Certain chapters have one or two parts, one of them had a worded title, and there was an author’s note that came before I knew what to do with the whole thing. While I may sound a little harsh (my apologies), this imbalance just throws me off and I feel like you should commit to either one chapter each titled numerically or every chapter done with a clever, worded phrase. Other than that, I believe that this was an astounding story and it was my absolute pleasure reviewing it for you. All the best Imani!