《Ana》 Spring Town

Reviewer: ceo_kjinnie
Written by: neontanika

➼COVER (4/10)
The cover was disappointing, to say the least. The colors don't go well together and the fonts used do not look pleasing to me. The picture used of Seokjin is iconic, but the green filter used makes it look weird and out of place. Overall the cover was not attractive to me. I highly suggest making another one or ordering a better cover from a graphic shop. I apologize for being too blunt about it, but compared to the other story in your profile, this one was not good.

➼TITLE (10/10)
I like the title, it reminds me of the song ‘Spring Day’

➼BLURB (10/10)
The blurb was on point and of the average length. It doesn't give out any spoilers and makes readers intrigued, which is great!

➼PLOT (10/10)
I love the plot of ‘Spring Town’. I think it was well thought and structured. The idea of Jin planning to start a business in a strange town seems pretty interesting to me. There weren't any plot holes in general and the whole story seems to be going pretty smoothly so far.

➼ORIGINALITY (10/10)
Very original and originality is always appreciated, keep it up!

➼ WRITING STYLE (8/10)
Your writing style is not bad. I noticed you add figurative sentences in order to make up for the lack of description in your story which I admit is pretty clever. But try to work on your descriptiveness a bit and at the same time leave some room for the reader’s imaginations and don't over-describe.

➼CHARACTER AND STORY DEVELOPMENT (10/10)
The characters were well developed in your story. I really don't have much to say about this.
As for the story development, it was pretty smooth.

➼SETTING/WORLDBUILDING (8/10)
The setting was explained gradually which I quite liked but you could have been a bit more descriptive about it since I had to reread a few paragraphs a few times to visualize the surroundings.

➼GRAMMAR & SPELLING (9/10)
There are only a few grammatical errors here and there, and most of them are silly mistakes that are caused due to a slip of the mind or simple punctuation mistakes. I’m sure you already know this but I recommend using Hemmingway Editor/Grammarly while proofreading to make it simpler.

➼ENJOYMENT AND ENGAGEMENT (9/10)
Overall, I had a great time reading your work. It hurts to see no one has discovered this hidden gem yet. I hope more people stumble across your story and interact with it. I’m sure people who adore Kim Seokjin like me will love this story!

➼OVERALL (88/100)
Thanks a lot for choosing me as your reviewer! Have a great day/night, Ace.
                        ~Ana