《Rose》His Therapist

Reviewer: therosepoetk
Written by: HisMelancholic

So first of all, queer literature!!! Being demisexual myself, it is such an amazing feel when I can relate to queer characters and authors, so I think that is a wicked cool decision that you have made to follow through with this. The title is short and sweet, and I enjoy how it gets right down to the point. The cover looks nice and professional, however, I feel as though the visual branding is targeted towards more of a mature audience. If you'd like to make changes that would perhaps focus a little more artistically than photographically, that is up to you. The blurb is well-structured and provides detail, which is crucial to advertising your tale. I think that you could look over some of the grammar, and polish it up a bit. The opening and plot are interesting, yet I believe that you start to lose me somewhere with the language that you use. I can tell that you have this great story to share, but it is so crowded and overflowing with cussing, imperfect grammar, strong vocabulary, and dialogue that it becomes sort of messy. Don't get me wrong, it is absolutely essential to use these aspects a lot, especially for character development, but I feel that sometimes certain scenes and narration are overloaded. The coherence and emotional appeal could also use some work, as the vocabulary here could use some reworking. But I do think that your characters are all diverse, and I like how you take a lot of stereotypical personas and work them into your creations with minimal effort. While readers may root for certain couples to end up together at the end, I like how you chose to portray that journey within romance that a lot of readers like myself like to get invested within. Overall, this has a lot of great potential, and I really hope you can get this masterpiece out there. Keep up the refreshing work Carlos!