Shopping Spree

"Yay!" Donie started running around the store and grabbing all sorts of things, shirts, pants, swim trunks, and hats.

Connie skipped away and immediately checked out the sunglasses. She didn't go for the crazy looking ones or any with bright colors, but she did check out the fashionable ones. Shea could see her peeking at him with the mirror.

He looked at his pets with peace in his eyes watching them scatter around the store adoringly. Walking over to the trunks he picked out some green and black ones with flames on it. He shrugged and figured they were good enough for where they were going. He also knew he would be able to scout out a few possible snacks for his mother there. The boy sighed to himself knowing he said this date would be as normal as possible but he also knew his pets would understand.

Near the swimming trunks for men was a section with racks full of Hawaiian style shirts. With so many of of them displaying bright colors and parrots and palm trees, Donie couldn't resist but look at all of them. He pulled them out and held them against his chest. He wondered what color master would like him in best. And if he got the button up shirt, would he need something underneath?

From the corner of his eye, he spotted two boys from school. They were looking at him and whispering something to each other. Donie got nervous, hoping this wouldn't be like one of the times Danny told him he faced so often. He remembered cracking under the pressure when he faces the FBI. If these boys tried to flirt with him or got physical, he would be helpless. He'd have to call on master to save him again.

But then the boys walked away. Donie let out a sigh of relief. He didn't want to face a situation like that. Master might think he was too weak if he had to keep calling on him.

What Donie didn't know was that the boys were now walking towards Connie. The girl had chosen her sunglasses and was now over by the hats. She needed her accessories before she picked a swimsuit, it was her method. Her eyes were still peeking at Shea every now and then, so she didn't see the two boys coming over to her.

"Well well well..." The taller boy said, leaning against the shelves she was looking at. Connie jumped a little and it made the boy smile. "The beautiful Contessa. We haven't seen you at track the last few days. It's a shame, we always liked watching you run. You always had this cute little 'bounce' when you ran."

Connie took a step back and bumped into the second boy. He put a hand on her hip. "Careful now," he whispered, a playful tone in his voice. Connie shivered when she felt his breath on her neck. It smelled like barbecue and French fries and made her stomach turn.

Shea's sharp hearing picked up on the conversation. He looked over and saw Connie being harassed by the boys. Part of him wanted to go over and break their necks but the other wanted to see if she could handle herself. The giant debated for a moment before casually walking around the shop to get a better ear. He knew Connie's eyes would follow him wherever he went so he kept his stroll slow.

Connie saw Shea walking by, and she was surprised that he didn't come over immediately. She knew that he had to be able to hear them, he could hear everything in this room probably. Maybe he knew he could really hurt these boys if he wanted, but he couldn't let himself. Their life was all about secrecy, maybe this was part of it. Or maybe he was testing her.

Connie lifted her chin and pulled away from the boy touching her. "Daryl... Do not touch me again." Her voice was stern, sounding a bit like Shea's mother. Then she turned to face the boy who had talked to her first. "And I know you always watched me. Me and all the other girls in track knew it. And maybe if you didn't so much time staring, you'd be better at throwing that javelin, Carlisle." She smirked, knowing the boy hated being called by his full name, most only called him Carl.