xiv. heart in a elevator

2.05

Oliver along with his interns walk into a patients room.

"Henry Lamott, age 42, is scheduled with Doctor. Shepherd for a spinal implant to control the pain of his herniated disc, is allergic to all pain medication." Christina presents the patient to everyone, it having been her first day back since her surgery.

Oliver watches as Henry—the patient—fiddles with the tv remote and turns the television on. Then the sound of giggles, moans and music fill the room, causing Oliver to snap his head towards the screen of the tv.

"Is that..."

"Porn." Henry's wife, Marie says, looking at Christina—who she had cut off.

"Porn? As in porn?!" Miranda Bailey looks up from her chart, not at all happy with the situation. Because why would she be happy that the patient was watching porn?

Alex excitedly looks towards the screen and asks what they are watching.

"Karev, go stand in the hall." Bailey scoffs at the annoyance Alex shows off.

"I'm sure you're really nice people and what you do in the privacy of your own home -- look, we can't have porn in here. This is a hospital." Bailey informs the patient and his wife.

"It's for my pain." The man says before looking back up at the tv screen. "My doc says it releases endorphins in the brain, and it helps keep my pain at a manageable level."

"Really?" George says over the sound of woman laughing, the intern just staring at the screen in awe.

Oliver's the only who who hadn't looked back at the tv screen twice. Not that he didn't want to because he did. But instead of looking back up to the screen he focused on the chart he had so casually taken from Bailey.

"George... hall!"

"Yeah." The intern sighs.

"What is this?" One of the female interns ask, Atlas doesn't bother to look up to see  who it is.

"Nasty, naughty nurses... um, 4." The wife replies.

"That does not look comfortable." Christina says as her, Meredith and Izzie all tilt their heads at an angle to watch the screen.

Oliver makes the mistake of looking up, "Trust me, it's not." He and Meredith say in sync, causing everyone to look between the two with their mouths open

"Get in the hall." Bailey snaps, her finger pointing between each intern, her glare resting on Oliver and Meredith.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas was trying hard to avoid Derek, something that the neurosurgeon noticed.

"Hey." Derek said as he approached Atlas.

"No." Atlas didn't look over at Derek.

"No?"

"No, you don't get to talk to me. Because you have a wife and I need you to go back to her and try." Atlas smiles sadly.