cxiv. crash and burn

cxiii

cxiii. crash and burn
8.24

( tw | blood, death, injuries, ect )
( warning : many time skips )

"Hello?" Derek Shepherd gasped as he struggled to lean upwards, his body aching with even the slightest movement. He was focusing on whatever was in front of him, not the side of him where he knew something was wrong, where he was trapped. "Hello, anyone? Meredith? Lexie? Mark?"

No answer. Derek was met with the small chirp from a bird, and the rustle of the leaves instead. Above him are tree branches that weave together, some over and some under, some curled around each other. He can faintly hear screaming, it's feminine, he assumes it may be Arizona, Lexie or Meredith — he knows that Christina would have a bit more masculine scream.

He looks to the side now. The sunlight and the branches make him frown, he's only been looking at it for a minute or two but he hates the sight. It makes him want to stay inside somewhere, where there is curtains to hide the outside world.

There's blood. It took him a second to realize that it's his own blood and not someone else's. There's a lot, it covers his whole hand. It's crimson red and most of it is still wet, fresh. His hand is caught in the metal of the place he had been in. It's stuck, there's no way of getting it out without doing more damage. He knows it; and it doesn't even make him think of how he might not do surgery, it makes him think of his children and if he'll ever be able to hold them again.

His kids. Their smiles. He wants to see them smile again. His dogs. He wants to play tug o war with them. He wants to play with them again.
Atlas. His heart and soul. He wants to kiss him and see him again.

So, fuelled by wanting to see his family again, he grabs the closest rock with his free hand and smashes it down onto his bloody and broken hand. Freeing it from the hold the metal had on him.

His eyes close and he lets out a blood curtailing scream that scares the birds.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Venus blinks as she looks around. There's a tree. The wing of the plane. Dirt.

Lexie.

She can see Lexie underneath the wing of the plane. Her body is being crushed, and her free arm is banging a metal seatbelt clip against the metal. Her face is bloody and scrapped, she can faintly see blood that's dried in the corner of her lips.

"Lexie!" Venus places a hand against her chest, her heart beats faster and she's afraid it's going to stop.

She rushes forward, dropping to her knees beside the wing of the place. She reaches out and grabs ahold of Lexies free hand, the latter dropping the metal seatbelt clip. Venus starts to cry, her tears are hot against her cheek and they have a salty taste to them as some land against her lips. "Oh, god, Lex."