lxix. george o'malley (au)

au — many different times

The team of surgeons at Seattle Grace had saved John Doe after being hit by a bus. It was revealed shortly after he was placed into the ICU, that John Doe was George O'Malley.

It was a shock to all the staff that George had sacrificed himself, pushing a woman out of the way and getting injured himself. They were all surprised that he had pulled through and survived the intense surgery — that he had survived being hit and dragged by a bus.

George O'Malley survived. He would live to see another day, to grow old with kids running around crazily as he sat on a porch chair with a mug of tea.

George wouldn't the same after that incident that day. It would follow him around for the rest of his life. He would have to learn how to do so many things again, he would have to learn how to walk and use his arm (that Sloan and Torres and magically fixed) again.

His face wouldn't look the same, not that anyone minded.

He would be different on the inside too.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

George O'Malley was standing by himself. He didn't need crutches anymore, he didn't need the wheelchair or the bars. He could do it all by himself.

Eliza stepped into the physical therapy room where George was learning how to do most things again.

Eliza held two cups of tea, one for her and the other for George. The two had grown closer ever since George had woken up from his surgery that day. Eliza had slept in his room on so many occasions. She had made sure he always got the kind of jello he wanted, even if it meant she had to go out and get it herself.

"Here you go." Eliza handed George his tea, not even noticing that he was standing on his own two feet by him self.

"Thanks, El." George smiled softly at her.

Eliza gasped and dropped her tea, "Holy shit! Your — your standing all by yourself!" Eliza jumped in joy.

George grinned and took a few wobbly steps forward until he was right in front of Eliza. Neither saw it coming, neither would have guessed.

In the heat of the moment George leaned forward and placed a kiss to Eliza's lips.

"George!" Atlas exclaimed as he stepped into the physical therapy room, only for him to see George and his sister sharing a kiss. He placed his hands over his eyes, "Oh shit. Shit. Frick. Sorry."

Eliza and George moved away from each other and laughed at Atlas.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

George didn't practice medicine anymore. There was no specific reason why he didn't — he had the whole hospital lining up to help him back into his surgical career if he wanted. But he didn't.

George took his second change at life and did something else. He got married and had two children, and a third on the way.

No one new where or how it happened, not even Atlas and he knew lots of things. 

Eliza Lee-Sunny turned into Eliza O'Malley a few years after George's accident. The two spent so much time together that a bond between them grew strong.

Both Eliza and George still lived in Seattle, they had actually purchased a house just done the street from Atlas and Eliza's mother.

In their backyard was a large garden — where they spent a lot of their time. There was a small swing set and slide for their kids. A toy box by the door that held all the dogs toys.

"George?" Eliza held one of her hands on her growing stomach as she waddled outside.

"Yes, hun?" George looked away from his daughter and son to look at his wife.

"Lunch is ready." Eliza announced and before George could look back and his twin children, they stood up and ran towards the house, ready for whatever their mother had prepared for lunch.

George stood up and wiped his hands on his pants, he walked over to his wife. "Thank you, dear." He kissed her cheek and placed his hand on her back and walked inside with her. "How are you and George Jr?"

"Eliza Jr is great." Eliza confirmed — nether knew what the gender of their unborn baby was, it was set to be a surprised.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

════════ ☆
short chapter!
here's an au where george didn't die! enjoy!