xvii. pregnant men and shepherd friends

2.07 + 2.08

Walking down the boring, ugly coloured walls of Seattle Grace was something Atlas found himself doing all the time. He was a doctor, of course he would be walking down the halls to get from patient to patient. Despite Atlas only having been here for awhile, he couldn't help but find himself lost. And he thought he would have known the way around the hospital, but he didn't. So that's how's the attending landed right outside a patient room — a stolen patients room.

"Borrowed from psych. Okay the prelims on this thing is totally unprecedented." Christina said, oblivious to the attending standing right behind her.

"And we found it." Izzie adds, smiling.

"You did what?" Atlas says, the three interns slowly turning around to face the attending.

Christina doesn't pay Atlas any part of mine, she knows that she's one of his favourite interns — only because she has ambition and a dying love for cardio.

"Found. Stole. Hijacked. Whatever. Okay, Meredith, Atlas behind this door is the coolest medical mystery I have ever seen."

Atlas had no problems be called by his first name, hell he wouldn't care if you called him by his middle name. He always thought that being called by your last name meant you were in deep shit... so he got everyone (he liked) to call him by his first name.

Atlas follows them to a different hallway where they go and stand outside a patients room.

"Now you can either walk away guilt free..."

Meredith and Atlas hum, signaling for her to continue. Atlas knew this could get him into trouble. He knew it. But was he going to run of quite yet? Nope, he was gonna watch this all play out.

"Or walk through this door, risk your place in the program which could possibly lead to spending the rest of your life serving fries in bad clothing."

Atlas grimaces, not liking the idea that he would lose his job and spend the rest of his life serving fries in bad clothing — he would actually chose to work out of an ice cream truck than serve fries.

"So are you in?" Atlas can tell Izzie is excited as she rocks back and forth in her heals as she talks.

"Hell yeah." Meredith exclaims.

Izzie knocks on the door and everyone enters, the patient is hidden from view by a curtain.

"Mr. Herman." Christina calls out.

"Oh no please call me Shane." Shane is sitting on the hospital bed, making his way across slowly with his back to the girls. "I gotta hit the can, again! Seems like I gotta go every 30 seconds these days."

"It's just a guy." Meredith whispers.

"Wait for it." Cristina builds the anticipation.

"Wait."

"I sure am glad to be off that psych floor." Shane tells the doctors.

"What's so special?" Meredith murmurs.

"Wait for it."