lxxxix. film us

lxxxix. film us
7.06

Some days Atlas wondered what other people thought, and why their actions afterwards were revolving around those thoughts. Now he won't lie, he often has thoughts and then he does something that revolves around the thoughts he had, but he would never ever film a hospital.

Unlike a few other people. Like Richard Webber, who's set up Seattle Grace Mercy West hospital to be documented for the day.

It's been months since the shooting, and Atlas is more than worried that there's going to be a burst from one of his siblings, or someone he's close too. He's been thinking about the whole documentary situation, and the people filming, he knows they'll ask questions.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

DR. ELIZA LEE-SUNNY
surgical resident
DR. MARK SLOAN
chief of plastic surgery

Eliza was sitting on the hallway floor, against the wall as she rested her head against Mark Sloans shoulder. Mark and Eliza had just gotten out of surgery, and had needed a much needed break from anything and everything. Unfortunately for her, the filming crew decided that they would ask them some questions.

The camera crew were patient as they watched the two surgeons talk back and forth quietly. Once they stopped, then questions officially started. "Where we're you both during the shooting?"

Mark was first to answer, "I was with Lexie Grey and Oliver Lee-Sunny. We were together when the shots were fired, and in an attempt to leave, we found a resident stuck in an elevator, bleeding out."

The man behind the camera nodded, "Did you stay and help the resident?"

"Of course. All three of us stayed and helped, we kept him alive until they were able to help us get out." Mark told the filming crew as he gave a quick glance to Eliza.

"And you?"

"I watched my brother get shot." Eliza shrugged her shoulders like it didn't matter, it did, and anyone could see it through the glossiness of her eyes. "Uh, and I watched my brother-in-law get shot too." There was a pause before Eliza spoke again. "I didn't leave him. I didn't leave either of them."

The next question was directed towards Mark, giving Eliza a slight break. "Are you close with anyone who had been shot?"

Mark nodded quickly. "Very, Derek and I? We go way back. Grew up together, went to med school together. He's... he's kinda like my better half. Well, not the better looking half. And Atlas, I've know him for a little while now, long enough to know that he's one of the closest people in my life. When I heard they were shot..." Mark paused as he thought of what to say next, taking a deep breath in when he was ready. "Every day, we give bad news to patients. We tell them their loved ones are hurt, or dying, or dead. And for the first time in my life, I understood what that feels like. It feels like shit."

That's when the filming crew decided that they were done talking with the two, and that maybe it would be best to give them a break.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

DR. OLIVER LEE-SUNNY
surgical resident
DR. JACKSON AVERY
surgical resident

Jackson Avery and Oliver Lee-Sunny where both transporting a patient in the surgical wing of the hospital.

Jackson and Oliver have only know each other since the merger between the two hospitals, and at first they weren't very close. But now the two of them are close, and would consider each other their friends for sure.

The two were moving through a small space when the doors closed and locked.

Jackson, who was the first to grab ahold of the door handle and pull, only for it to not budge started to bang on the doors. "Hey. Hey. Anybody?! A little help over here. We're locked in here!"

Oliver looked over his shoulder since he was at the other door, hands banging against the glass window as he tried to gain someone's attention.

Jackson didn't stop trying to pull the door open, "Nurse! Call somebody. Get these damn doors unlocked."

"Doctor Avery, your patient."

Oliver heard the nurse, she had been talking loudly over the alarms. Both surgical residents turned towards their patient, both quickly realizing that the patient was unconscious and not breathing.

"Shit." Oliver muttered as he started cpr, looking up quickly and seeing someone holding a camera close to the window. They were filming him and Jackson.

It was a minute or two later when Oliver and Jackson switched, Jackson now doing cpr on the patient.

The camera moved and it filmed Doctor Teddy Altman running up towards the door. "Avery! Sunny! Look, I was waiting in radiation. How's the patient?"

Jackson ignore the woman, focusing on doing cpr. His mind was somewhere else.

Oliver looked towards the door. "Unconscious."

"How long has he been coding?" The cardio doctor asked as she frustratedly banged on the door.

Jackson shook his head. "I need to get out of here."

"Avery, your gonna break his ribs." And that's when they switched once more, or more Oliver slightly pushing Jackson aside so he could preform cpr.

"I'm not kidding, doctor Altman, okay? Please." Jackson spoke as he slouched against the wall, watching Oliver preform cpr.

The alarm stopped and nurses took over. Teddy has to remove Oliver from the patient, hun not having  stopped.

Jackson was crying, and Oliver was still freaking out despite the fact that the doors had opened and the alarms had stopped.

"It's okay."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

DR. ATLAS LEE-SUNNY/SHEPHERD
chief of cardio
DR. DEREK SHEPHERD/
LEE-SUNNY
chief or neuro

"Have you been together long?" The camera man asked as he filmed Atlas and Derek sitting together, side by side in the daycare. They were the only ones there beside their daughter and they daycare worker.

Derek looked towards his husband. "We just recently got married."

"Congratulations!" The filmer smiled as they positioned the camera to take a close in of the ring on Derek's hand, and the ring on Atlas.

"Thank you."

"You were both shot correct? Has that brought you closer?" The camera man asked.

Atlas blinked in surprise. "We definitely are living life to the fullest. Even looking to expand our family."