xii. mark sloan and atlas lee-sunny

500k special au

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER, 2x18

"Derek Shepherd just punched someone in the face!" Oliver yips as he grasps his older brothers shoulders and gives him a small shake. "Because he was talking to El! Oh gosh, do you thing the guy was making a move on Derek's girlfriend — on our sister?!"

Atlas stares at his blabbering younger brother, who's way too obsessed with the hospital drama. "Wait, so Derek punched someone in the face?"

"Yes!" Oliver exclaims, waving his hands in the air widely before he turns around and practically races down the hallway. "He's kinda good looking, oh, we've gotta go see! Maybe he'll like you!"

So when Atlas and Oliver enter the Emergency Department, where the interns are all huddled outside of a room where Atlas can clearly see someone sitting on a gurney with a mirror to his face. "He's just waiting?"

The interns turn their heads, having not noticed that Atlas was now standing right in front of them, them all being to engaged with the man sitting on the gurney.

Christina nodded, "Each one of tried to go in but no, he wants an adult, not a baby doctor." She said mockingly, face twisting slightly.

Atlas smiled slightly, stepping towards the examination room and swung the door open. "Good morning, I'm Doctor Lee-Sunny." He picked up the chart that someone had made. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Sloan."

"Doctor, Doctor. Sloan." Mark looked away from the mirror, eying the man who had entered his room. He eyed the lab coat, which had the embroidered department he worked in — cardio. "You're a heart surgeon, why are you here?"

"Because you won't let anyone else touch you." Atlas smiled as he put on a pair of gloves and sat on the rolly stool. "And if I can suture hearts together, I can definitely fix your face."

Mark hums and Atlas continues to get the kit ready to suture his face. "For the most part, Derek and I always did have the same taste in women." Derek was dating Eliza Lee-Sunny, who had fallen head over heels for the hot shot neurosurgeon. Mark had been talking to Eliza, which created a domino effect.

"Excuse me?" Atlas tilts his head, eyes narrowing with curiosity as he fiddles with the thread.

"She was Derek's lusty girlfriend, right? Heard about her all the way back in New York. She's famous." Lusty girlfriend. There's a long pause, Atlas doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want to confirm that Derek was indeed dating Eliza, because they were still trying to keep it on the down low. "Oh my, she's your sister! I see it now."