lxxxi. way back then

6.17

When Atlas was younger, he may or may not have been considered a wild child. He didn't always make the best choices, and people knew that. He snuck out, smoked some weed, drank some alcohol, hanged out with some bad kids. He did a lot of things his father told him not too. 

It wasn't until he had taken his first biology class, when his teacher told him that he had great potential, did he start to straighten up. His love for helping grew, and instead of being a wild kid, he grew up and became someone who volunteered at old folks homes.

Atlas never really thought much about his past anymore. He decided to leave it in the past, but sometimes it's not always meant to be left there.

With one hand, Atlas dug around in a box his mother had found deep in her attic. Atlas assumed it was just full of clothes from high school, or maybe some of his and his siblings Halloween costumes that might fit Starlee.

Oh how he was wrong.

Inside the cardboard box, drawings on each side, was a bunch of journals from medical school to the end of his residency. "Woah." He muttered as he plopped down onto the couch, a journal in hand.

Lilla stepped into the living room, she was quick to notice her eldest son looking through the journal he had grabbed. "What's that one?"

"My first patient that I had signed as the second person for physician-assisted suicide. You know, I have a patient who's coming into the hospital in a few days, they want to discuss that."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"They told me that I couldn't sleep with the nurses and drug reps! El! The nurses, they love me." Mark complained as he looked to Eliza Lee-Sunny, the resident having being paged to Marks side.

Eliza shrugged. "Then don't think about them."

Mark looked at Eliza. "What can I think about then?"

"Your patients?" Eliza suggested with the tilt of her head.

"No... how about we go back to the good times huh?" Mark questioned suggestively.

"Mark!"

"That wasn't a no. We could get dinner!"

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Atlas Peter Lee-Sunny!" Miranda Bailey scolded as she stepped into room Atlas and Callie were in. "And Callie Torres!"

Both doctors looked up at the seemingly angry woman. "Yes?" Atlas asked sweetly, an innocent grin on his lips.