xvci. welcome back addi

7.18

Mark Sloan, Callie Torres, Arizona Robbins and Eliza Lee-Sunny were going on a trip before the babies arrived. Callie and Arizona would stay at a b&b, Mark and Eliza would stay at the b&b right next door.

It was the perfect retreat to have some time before the babies arrived, and the two pregnant women believed that maybe Mark and Arizona would stop the bickering and possibly like each other to some level.

Mark and Eliza were sitting in the front seat, well Callie and Arizona were in the front.

"Mark, I can't get my slippers on." El complained, eyes filling with tears because of the hormones she was feeling.

"Oh hun, here let me help." Mark unbuckled Eliza's seatbelt, trusting that Arizona could drive safely for a few minutes. He helped her shift and turn so her feet were on his lap where he could give them a quick massage. He slipped her dog slippers on with the big ears, the ones Atlas had gotten her for Christmas one year. "There we go, all better?"

"All better." Eliza nodded, shifting so she could buckle back up. Mark was watching her, hand out against her arm as if he was keeping her steady.

Eliza didn't buckle up, having moved slightly so she could pick up the phone the Arizona had thrown back. Callie was leaning over the middle of the seat when he grabbed her phone, thanking El and smiling.

And then Arizona asked Callie to marry her. In front of Mark and Eliza!

The car came to a screeching stop, and luckily, Eliza had managed to buckle up just before Arizona gasped.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Atlas..." Derek stepped into the operating room where Atlas was rocking a surgery. He was almost done, finishing up the last little bits before he could close.

"Hey Der. What's up?" Atlas looked up from the patient, he was smiling underneath his mask.

Derek shook his head softly. "It can wait, no worries. Almost done?"

Atlas nodded. "Half an hour?"

"I'll wait." And Derek did.

The surgery was one, a successful one too. Atlas turned towards his husband, lips curled upwards. "What's up?"

"There's been an accident. Mark, Callie, Arizona and El." Derek had volunteered to tell Atlas the news, and he wish he was selfish and didn't. It hurts his heart to see the pain in his husbands eyes now.