lxxxviii. amelia shepherd

7.03

Atlas and Derek were doing good, really good if you asked them. Since the shooting they had been on a few dates, trying to make sure that things between them were strong and there wasn't anything hidden between them.

It was for sure helping with the fact that both of them could have died. Derek could have died on the operating table, just like Atlas could have when he hit the hallway floor that day. Fortunately, they hadn't died and they were making the most of it again, like they had every other time something happened.

"Remember, we have a meeting with the adoption agency after lunch." Atlas told Derek as he picked Starlee of the floor where she had been walking around his legs. "It's right after lunch, but they're meeting us here."

Derek nodded and tickled his fathers side lightly, giggles and giggles falling from her lips. "I won't be late, promise. I even made sure Nelson could take anything so I could be there for our appointment. Christina is on my service today..."

"Shadow Shepherd. Christina can watch a movie on my phone? And good, thank you love."

"She's not two. And of course —" Derek paused as he turned to look towards where Mark and Eliza where. "What is my sister doing here?"

"Oh my god." Atlas started to panic as he looked around for one of the Shepherd siblings. "Is it Nancy? She scares me."

Derek grasped ahold of his husbands shoulders and turned him so he could see Amelia, Mark and Eliza talking. "Yay! It's Amy. Oh, she's cool."

Atlas didn't waist another second in standing around, instead he held his daughter in his arms and practically skipped towards the Shepherd sister.

"Atlas!" Amelia cheered as she brought her brother-in-law and niece in for a hug. "And little Starlee."

"Amy! It's wonderful to see you. Oh we need to go get coffee."

"We should! Oh, oh!" Amelia gushed before she looked towards her brother who had just walked up to everyone. "Derek finally. You know, if you had retuned my calls I wouldn't have had to come all the way down here."

"Yeah." Mark nodded as he wrapped an arm around Eliza. "Why didn't you call your sister."

"Meredith, Christina, this is Amy." Derek avoided the question as he introduced the Shepherd sibling to the two of the residents that had just shown up.

"Amelia. He — well Atlas and Mark too, are the only ones who can call me Amy." Amy stuck her hand out for the residents to shake. "Nice to meet you."