cvii. missed phone calls

8.15

Beep. "Hi, you've reached the Lee-Sunny/Shepherd home, unfortunately we can't answer the phone right now. Leave a message after the beep."

Beep. "Hi, you've reached the cell phone of Doctor. Derek Shepherd. Unfortunately I can't answer the phone, if it is urgent, please phone again, or leave a message after the beep."

Beep. "Hi! It's Atlas Lee-Sunny. Or Doctor. Lee-Sunny. Or Doctor. Lee-Sunny-Shepherd. I'm away from my phone, but if you leave a number and a name and message after the beep, than I shall get back to you! Have a good day! Thanks for calli—" beep.

"Hi, this is Jonah with the adoption agency. We've decided to go through with your application, and everything is in order. Cameron is extremely happy to see you all again, and if you can get back to me at *** - *** - **** than we can set up a time for you to sign what you need, and for you pick up Cameron. Thank you again, Jonah."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Amy! Hi." Atlas grinned, opening his arms and letting Amelia Shepherd moved around Derek and Lexie into Atlas's welcoming arms.

"Atlas, hi!" Amelia hugged him back, glad that he was here now and could help her plead a case. She knew Derek would listen to his husband. "I have a patient —"

"Nuhuh." Atlas shook his head, moving arms reach away from Amy. "Last time I got in between you two and a case, I went home crying because you two couldn't stop yelling at me to pick a side."

Derek looked down, his feet now much more interesting than anything else. He grumbled something underneath his breath, something along the lines of that not being the actual story and that there was much more to it.

Amelia frowned, her hope being crushed. "Really?"

Atlas smiled sadly, handing Amelia a red sucker form his pocket. "Yeah, but here! Your favourite."

It was Atlas's favourite too.

"Thank you!" Amelia smiled again, her frown flipping and suddenly she looked towards her brother and then back towards Atlas. "How about we get breakfast?"

Atlas nodded, linking his arm with Amys. Reaching out for Derek's hand and pulling him along with him. "That sounds great. Lex, you coming?"

If Atlas could temporarily stop an argument form brewing, than he would do just that. He would much rather have everyone fed, and not have them hangry, when they needed to think straight about the best possible care for a patient.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Beep. "Hi, you've reached the Lee-Sunny/Shepherd home, unfortunately we can't answer the phone right now. Leave a message after the beep."

Beep. "Hi, you've reached the cell phone of Doctor. Derek Shepherd. Unfortunately I can't answer the phone, if it is urgent, please phone again, or leave a message after the beep."

Beep. "Hi! It's Atlas Lee-Sunny. Or Doctor. Lee-Sunny. Or Doctor. Lee-Sunny-Shepherd. I'm away from my phone, but if you leave a number and a name and message after the beep, than I shall get back to you! Have a good day! Thanks for calli—" beep.

"Hi, this is Jonah again, with the adoption agency. We called you ten hours ago, and we hope you aren't ignoring us." Jonah chuckled. "Again, we have decided to go through with your application, and everything is in order. Could you please call us back soon. We do understand that you are surgeons who have lives; but the quicker this goes, the quicker you can welcome Cameron into your home. Call me at *** - *** - **** than we can set up a time for you to sign what you need, and for you pick up Cameron. Thank you again, Jonah."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas smiled from where he sat in the gallery. He was watching his husband and sister-in-law preform a surgery that Derek originally didn't believe was possible. But they were doing it. And they were rocking it.

Atlas also wasn't supposed to have his phone out, yet he couldn't stop the constant vibrating that filled his pocket against his side. Someone was calling him. Someone was trying to get ahold of him.

So he stepped outside, eyeing his phone and pressing the button on his voicemail so he could listen to one of the messages that had been left for him.

"Hi. This is Jonah Alver with the adopting agency. I'm calling regarding Cameron Sean. We've decided to accept your application. If you can call me back, that would be greatly appreciated, thank you."

Atlas blinked, and he almost dropped his phone. Their application, was been accepted. And he also had two other voicemails that he chose not to listen too.

His husbands surgery couldn't be much longer. Maybe an hour or so left. So all he could do was wait until his husband could focus on him, and the fact that Cameron; a three year old boy desperately in need of a family, was ready to come home.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Hi, Jonah. It's Atlas and Derek." Atlas spoke, his phone on speaker as he leaned into Derek.

"Hi, guys! Sorry for the many many calls." Jonah apologized, yet his voice was still cheerful and bubbly. "Like I said over the phone in the messages, we've decided to go though with your application. Could we meet tomorrow?"

Derek nodded, even though Jonah couldn't see him. "Of course, we can meet whenever you'd like."

Jonah smiled too. "That's great! How about noon tomorrow?"

"Noon tomorrow." Atlas nodded, scribbling it out on a random piece of paper. "We'll see you then."

"Goodnight."

Atlas turned towards Derek, checks red and puffy, he was smiling so hard. The phone clicked and the call ended. "Yay!"