xliv. the new, but not improved

4.01

Cristina whips around to face her interns, "I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up, I already hate you. That's not gonna change."

Izzie is with her interns at a nurse's station, "Trauma protocols, phone lists, pagers. The nurses will page you. You answer every page at a run...a run. That's rule number two." When the blond notices that they aren't following she waves her hand. "You're supposed to follow me."

Alex is walking through the hall with his interns, "Your first shift starts now and lasts 36 hours. You're grunts, nobodies, the bottom of the surgical food chain. You run labs, you write orders, you work every second night until you drop, and you don't complain."

Meredith is showing her interns the on-call rooms, "On call rooms. Sleep when you can, where you can. You know, but not with anybody. Not attendings...especially not attendings. Sleeping with attendings...not a good idea. Where was I?"

George who's now an intern once again looks to Meredith, "Um, rule number three. If you're sleeping, do not wake you unless a patient's actually dying."

Eliza is showing her interns the on-call rooms now, "The dying patient better not be dead when I get there, because not only will you have killed someone, you will have woken me for no good reason. Are we clear?"

And intern raises their hand.

"Yes?" Eliza mutters once seeing the hand held high.

"That was four rules. You said five."

"Rule number five... when I move, you move." Eliza's pager goes off. "Let's go!"

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Eliza, Alex, Izzie, Cristina and Meredith are in the deserted hallway hangout. A place where they eat their lunches and gossip like teenagers.

"I hate them." Christina spoke up referring to her interns.

"You don't hate them. You hate you." Meredith counted back.

"That was hideous. I feel like a fraud." Izzie comments.

Alex smirks, "I rocked it. I think I'm the new nazi."

"Oh, you are not the new nazi. If anything's it's me or El, I heard she got a page at the end and everyone was scared shitless because she kept yelling at people."

George enters the hallways. "Meredith, I need to talk to you."

Izzie peeks up. "George. Hi."

"Hey." The intern said quickly.

"How was your vacation?" Izzie kept going, not noting that his tone really said fuck off.

"Um, fine. Um, Meredith, can we..."

"Cause mine was. I didn't do much. I hung out alone... for 17 days. Which is the last time that I saw you, the day of Cristina's wedding, which was — well...then Mer, El and Cristina went on Cristina's honeymoon without me."

Alex smirked. Girl-on-girl-on-girl honeymoon."

"And then Alex took a road trip to see Ava without me." Izzie continued to blabble.