ool. the bus crash

ool. the bus crash
4.08

"Miranda! Bails!" Atlas let out a screech as he moved away from the bulletin board that an announcement — an announcement saying that Miranda Bailey was now chief resident. "Bails!"

Atlas moved away from the board and into the hallway, he looked around furiously before he spotted Meredith and George on their way to the residents lounge. "Hey! You two!" The two turned around to look at Atlas. "Where's Bailey?"

Meredith blinked, "Said to meet her in the resident lounge." The dirty blond nodded stiffly and Atlas gave a wave before running off towards the room. ( someone would have seen him and thought there was a medical emergency, or that someone was chasing him with a chain saw )

Atlas skidded to a stop just outside of the residents lounge, where he proceeded to wait until Bailey was done with her speech. When the chief resident left the lounge, a skip in her step, Atlas stepped forward and squealed like a teenager girl. "Bails! Your chief resident! That's amazing, I'm so proud of you! I cant believe it — not that Callie didn't deserve it, but yay!"

"Atlas." Bailey sighed, but smiled up at her person anyways.

"I'll treat you to ice cream! Gotta go!" Atlas blew a kiss and jogged off, sending a wave too.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"What do we got?" Atlas walked up to the ambulance quickly.

A paramedic stepped out from the back of the ambulance, chart in hand, which she handed to Atlas. "Samatha Price, 31, vital sighs stable. There's a glass shard penetrating her chest." Atlas watched as the paramedic moved the thing blanket to the side so he could see the shard of glass sticking out of the woman, it was just penetrating between her lowest two ribs. "She was supervising, and this is where it got her."

"Okay, let's go." Atlas and George O'Malley, his intern for the day, grabbed a hold of gurney and moved into the ER. George and Atlas ( including the patient ) moved into a private trauma room.

"She's waking up." George noted as he watched Samantha blink repeatedly.

Atlas leaned over the patient so his face was in her view. "Hi ma'am. I'm Doctor Lee-Sunny. Can you tell me your name?" 

The woman nodded weakly, she hadn't been intubated so she had the change to talk. "Samantha Price." Her voice was wobbly and her eyes couldn't focus on anything other than the scar by Atlas's lip.

"That's good. Now your age?"

"Where'd that scar come from? The one by her lip." She breathlessly asked instead of replying to Atlas question about her age.

"There's a age gap between me and my siblings, and when I entered medical school I wasn't home all the time. I missed some things." Atlases eyes twinkled at the memory. "I came home from Christmas break to find out they were really into stick fighting. I enter the house, and there's a stick right in my face. My little sister, Eliza, had slammed her stick into my face."

Samantha let out a pained chuckle, "O-oh, that's funny."

"It is, their little shits."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Can we remove the glass here?" George questioned as he and took some scans — more Atlas supervising, than doing it with George.

"We could, but we should be in the OR."

"Would you like me to book you an OR Doctor?" A nurse asked kindly. The action scared Atlas and he let out a yelp.

"Yeah, sure, thank you." The nurse walked away to book an OR as the two continued on with the tests. Once the test were done and Atlas had been told that the OR was booked and he could go right ahead — George and him were off to the OR.

The OR was set up and ready for them when they entered. Atlas turned to George, "Let's scrub."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"I'm sorry about your patient, Der." Atlas wrapped his arms loosely around Dereks neck.

Derek leaned in and placed a soft kiss on his fiancé's lips, "Thank you, love."

Dereks patient from the bus crass had unfortunately been put into a coma, after they took the pencil out of the boys eye.

"I have something planned, come on." Dereks face twisted into a confused one as she was dragged along to the day care. He was left outside well Atlas had run in to grab Star.

"Look! There's dad." Atlas walked out of the day care with his daughter in his arms. Star babbled and squealed bin excitement when she saw Derek.

"Awe, look my two baby's."

"Aren't we just the cutest?" Atlas grinned childishly, sticking his tongue out as he did so.

"Your so childish." Derek rolled his eyes playfully as Atlas posed with Star.

"We are." Atlas stopped and moved forward to place a kiss on Dereks cheek.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Star is with Derek tonight." Atlas sat down beside Bailey at joes bar.

"That so?"

"Yep! So I'm congratulations, I'm buying you ice cream and drinks!" Atlas did some jazz hands.

"What are we congratulating?" Joe asked as he pored Bailey and Atlas the drinks they asked for.

"Bails here, is chief resident."

"Congratulations!"

"Thank you."

Atlas and Bailey continued to drink until they were both drunk and wobbly. They walked the side walks of Seattle, looking for an open ice cream shop.

"Hey, ice cream." Atlas pointed to a small looking ice cream shack that had a bright open sign on the door. Bailey and Atlas moved forward quickly, both stumbling over whatever was in their path.

"Hi... can I have a vanilla with, uh, sprinkles!"

"You may," the lady behind the counter laughed slightly at the two drunken adults. "And for you?"

"Ooo, a banana split." Bailey excitedly told the lady.

"I'll whip that up for you two." The woman moved around the shack and put together what they asked for, as she handed it to them she smiled. "The total will be 9.57."

"Oops." Atlas dug around in his pockets for his wallet, which he couldn't find. He unlocked his phone dialled Derek.

"Der! We're gonna be arrested by the ice cream police!"

"Whys that?" Derek asked moving to grab his own wallet and car keys.

"I lost my wallet." Atlas sniffled.