oxx. christmas

oxx. christmas
2.12

Finn Piper and Atlas Lee-Sunny were holding hands as they walked around the park, snacks — Atlas's dog waddling right in front of them at a good walking pace. It was Christmas Eve and the two were out spending the day together since Atlas and Finn didn't have work.

"Why did you name him snacks?" Finn asked as he looked around at the other dogs.

"He reminds me of scooby doo. And his name would have been scooby doo, but I chose snacks' instead." Atlas chuckled and tightened his grip on Finns hand as he left his feet slip out from under him. The surgeon went tumbling down, the teacher falling right on top of Atlas.

"You know, if you wanted me in this position you could have just asked." Finn smirked.

"Oh shh!"

Finn rolled off Atlas awkwardly and stood up, extending his own hand to Atlas so he could help him up.

"Do you like the snow?" Atlas asked as he waved his arm around gesturing to the snow that stuck to the ground in front of them.

"Yeah. My favourite part is snowball fights."

"Yeah?"

"Oh yeah." Finn chuckled as he crouched down and grabbed a handful of snow.

"Babe? Wha-what? No!" Atlas ran off with snacks by his side as he tried fo avoid the snowballs being thrown at him by his boyfriend.

"Snacks! Atlas!" Finn yelled as he threw a snowball as Atlas, which hit him right smack in the middle of his back.

"Oh your so on!"

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Atlas handed Finn a small gift, it wasn't anything special — in fact it was barley anything. The couple had agreed that they wouldn't spend any more than they needed to on each other, as they wanted to challenge themselves.

Finns eyes shot up at his boyfriend as he looked down at the box in his hands. "W-where did you find this?" Finn asked referring to his gift.

"It wasn't to hard to find." Atlas lied — he didn't even find it, he had gotten the interns to look for it and whoever found it would get a chance to scrub in on one of his surgery's.

"No, really where'd your find it?" Finn pressed.

"I got the interns to find it." Atlas grinned sheepishly.

"Well then, thank you interns." Finn said thanking the interns that weren't even in the room — or even in the same house as them.

Atlas watched with caring eyes as Finn picked up his "best teacher in the whole wide world — my boyfriend even said so!" hoodie. Finn shrugged off his jacked and out the hoodie on, his eyes met Atlas and he couldn't help but imagine his life with the pretty eyed surgeon.

"Now here's your gift!"

Atlas made grabby hands as Finn passed him his neatly wrapped gift. A sparkly red and green bow. A small soft thank you left Atlas lips as he opened the wrapped box.

"W-where did you find this?!" Atlas gasped holding up his gift.

"I got my students to look for it." And just like Atlas had done, whichever group had found Atlas's gift got to be excused from an assignment of their choice.

"I had one of these when I was little. It was my sisters — and I stole it. And that's when I knew I wanted to be a surgeon. Well and my high school biology classes." Atlas rambled as he looked from the gift in his lap to his boyfriend.

Oliver came running into the living room,  his eyes lighting up with joy. "Is that anatomy Jane?!"

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Oliver and Eliza pushed open their big brothers bedroom door to see him sleeping peacefully, tangled with his blankets. The twins wasted no time in diving onto the bed once they made sure snacks couldn't be hit. "Atlas! Atly!" The twins shouted beside his face, causing him to push out his arms into the twins face's.

"Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Oliver placed his hands on Atlas's shoulders and shook harshly.

"Five more minutes!" Atlas groaned as he moved his head deeper into his pillow.

"No! Mom said get up! You need to make the cinnamon buns and sugar cookies!" Oliver grabbed his older brothers left foot well Eliza grabbed his right foot, together the two successfully pulled him out of bed.

"D-did you just pull me out of bed?" Atlas stared at his siblings.

Oliver let out a scoff, "what! No!"

"5, 4, 3, 2...1" the twins ran off with Atlas following behind closely.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Merry Christmas." Lilla said as she opened the front door only to see Derek Shepherd standing on the other side.

"W— "

"Y-your son wanted his key back." Lilla looked at Dereks tearful eyes and red nose.

"Oh. Uh, would you like to come in? I can call him over if you like? They're just making cookies in the kitchen." Lilla said as she moved out of the way so Derek could step into the warm house.

"It's okay, could you give this to him?" Derek lifted a small blue box with white snowflakes of all kinds.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Just give him the box please." Derek handed the box to Lilla before turning back around and walked to his car.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Here!" Atlas chirped shoving a icing bag that they would use for decorating the sugar cookies he had taken out do the oven half an hour ago.

Eliza held a bright red bag full of icing well Oliver held a bright green, everyone else had darker colours.

"Do you want a snowman, snowflake, tree or angel?" Atlas asked his family who instead of answering the question, just reached out and grabbed the cookie they wanted.

"Okay then." Atlas muttered as he grabbed a tree to decorate.

"Atlas, hun?"

"Yeah ma?"

"There's a gift by the door for you." Atlas got up from the table and made his way to the door.

On the ground was a small blue box with white snowflakes scattered around. The adult crouched down and picked up the box. Opening it, Atlas saw the house key first. And the small scribbled writing taped to the key. — here's you key, Derek. And underneath it all was a small photograph Derek had taken of the two (derek and atlas) lying on the green grass under the star filled sky.

═══════ ☆

hello! ahhhh! there's so many reads on this! so, now readers who read this: please give me your feedback! if i was to make another greys fic — who would you want the love interest to be?