cxi. new additions?

cxi. new additions?
8.21

Mark pulled away from Eliza, his one hand wrapped around the baby carrier that held their son. "You'll do great, sweetheart."

Eliza smiled and kneeled down to look at her son. "Baby Brian. You'll be good for daddy, right?" Baby Brian squeaked and babbled at the mention of his name. "That's right, I know you will."

Meredith and Oliver stood together as they handed Zola off too Lilla, Oliver's mother. "Mom, she has this fever yesterday and wouldn't keep anything down, but Arizona gave her an I.V and she's fine now."

"Oh that is no problem, son. I'll bring her in if anything's wrong." Lilla spoke as she placed a kiss to Oliver's cheek before she smiled at her daughter-in-law. "You both will do great, okay. And when you're done, you'll both come home and I'll bake you all a cake and it'll be great! Now go, go!"

Atlas pulled out a bundle of things from his lab coat pocket. "Do you need money? A cookie? Suture kit? An I.V and fluids? What can I get you, C?"

Christina chuckled as she eyed the small suture kit that Atlas held in one hand and the baggie of cookies in the other. "Atly, seriously?"

Atlas nodded quickly, "Of course, now what do you need. Anything? Seriously, C. Tell me whatever you need. Oh! Oh! And you'll do great, okay? Amazing, wonderful and you'll pass and then you can come back and I'll bake you a cake and then you can tell me all about the job offers you have, okay?"

Christina smiled slightly as she glanced around beside her before she took the suture kit and cookies and shoved them into her bag. She smiled at Atlas. "Thank you."

╚═ ═╝

"What am I supposed to do?" Atlas leaded against Mark. His brother and sister were about to get on a plane and go take their boards. Derek was in a long, very long, over eighteen hour surgery and he had just started. "I'm aloneeee."

Mark chuchled, handing Atlas the tea he had paid for at the coffee cart in the lobby. "We could go see a movie?"

Atlas moved away from Mark in shock. He was shocked that Mark had suggested that he go sees a movie. They had just talked about what movies were in the theatre, and Mark knew that he didn't like any of the options. "A movie? Really, Mark?"

"Atlas?" Lilla stepped towards her son, Zola on her side. "Hi."

Mark waved happily as Atlas's mother stepped towards the pair. "Miss, hi, how are you."

"Great, dear. And yourself?" Lilla asked and Zola babbled and reached for Atlas who took her without any problem. He would always take his niece.

"Oh I'm doing wonderful." Mark smiled as he leaned and talked to Lilla. "Oh, I have a question. I'd like to propose to Eliza in the future. And I of course wanted your blessing."

Atlas and Lilla shared a shocked look. Mark had no shame in asking where people could hear him. He got straight to the point and just asked. Both the mother and son let their jaws drop before they both turned towards Mark quickly.

"You want my blessing, dear? This is news to me." Lilla spoke after a second or two, having to get over the shock. She knew that one day Mark would propose to her daughter, he had the look that Brian had when she and him had met. "You have my blessing. You'll always have my blessing. Unless you do something wrong, then you won't have my blessing. And you can't do something bad, Mark Sloan, or I swear to whichever lord that'll answer."

Zola babbled and clapped. All the adults looked towards her, smiles gracing their faces as they watched her clap. She didn't even know what was going on, and she was bringing a happiness to the situation.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

Mark and Atlas had gotten off their shifts at the hospital, and Derek had been pulled into yet another surgery. So, the two adults took Cameron, Starlee, and baby Brian to the local animal adoption centre. Atlas just wanted to see the dogs. He wanted to bring them all a new toy and that he wanted to see the dogs have joy and happiness.

There were two dogs, siblings. Apparently a few had been adopted in the past few days and they were the only ones left to be adopted.

Starlee had fallen in love with one of the dogs. She'd stand by the kennel door and babble any words she knew to the dog. The dog was happy to have a friend, to have someone pay attention to them.

Cameron loved the other sibling. He sat on the floor by the kennel door and talked. The dog was happy, and moved towards the other side of the door and laid against the floor.

"We haven't found anyone who wants to take two dogs. We don't won't to separate them because they have such a strong bond and we didn't want to break it." The lady spoke as she glances towards Mark and the three children who were all near the dogs. "They're both great with other dogs, and great with children. Potty trained and all too."

Atlas glanced over his shoulder. They didn't have names. It pained his heart to know the dogs were the last left and had no family or names. "No names?"

"Typically we let the people adopting the dog chose their names. We find it helps the connect with their pets. Helps the build a bond." The woman spoke softly. "Are you looking to adopt."

Atlas glanced back towards his kids, Mark, and his nephew. "I, uh, yeah. I am."