oxv. sloan

oxv. sloan
9.18

Mark Sloan knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with Eliza Lee-Sunny. He was stubborn, and it took some time for him to figure it out, but he always knew deep down. There were others, and the countless days that he had spent in his man whore phase, but she was like a breath of fresh air.

So as he stands beside Eliza's hospital bed, the baby they had create gently resting in her arms, he can't help but beam as the officiate stands at the end of the bed.

Jackson Avery stands off to the side, bearing the title of witness. He's dressed in his best pair of scrubs, no wrinkles or stains.  

"Eliza Lee-Sunny, do you take Mark Sloan to be your husband?" The officiate asks, smiling softly as the couple, only hours after the birth of their child had occurred. "Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"

Eliza nodded without any other thought, "I do."

The man nodded. "And Mark Sloan, do you take Eliza Lee-Sunny to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect her, forsaking all others, and holding only unto her forevermore?"

Mark looked at the mother of his child right in her eyes, both holding in their tears, "I do."

"And now by the power vested in me, it is my honor and delight to declare you husband and wife. Please go forward in this next step of your lives, and go forth and live each day to the fullest. You may now kiss the bride."

Mark cupped Eliza's face and leaned in, bring his lips right to hers. Jackson Avery clapped quietly and wore the brightest smile. He would forever keep this a secret, until the wedding.

"I am pleased to present the newlyweds, Eliza and Mark Lee-Sunny-Sloan."

There was always a plan. Eliza liked to have plans; more so after she had finished her intern year and during high school. Anytime other than that, she was not a planned and flew by the fly of her pants. But when she realized she wanted to marry Mark Sloan, she wanted her wedding to planned down to the most perfect detail. And then she gave birth, before getting married, and she realized that she wanted to be a Sloan.

She wanted her son to have two married parents, even if he was only hours old. She wasn't sure what could happen, and if the wedding would ever be delayed. But most importantly, she just wanted it to be small. She wanted it to be between them. The only reason Jackson had been there was because he had been the one doing a quick check up, as he was on Arizonas service and the baby needed a quick check.

"You're a Sloan!" Jackson whispers as he walks down the hallway of his apartment, his phone pressed to his ear. "Are you not going to tell them?"

Eliza, who's sitting on the couch waiting for her mom to show up, Brian playing with some toys in front of her. "No. Why would I? It doesn't change anything, it's just another secret I didn't tell them — that us three didn't tell."

Jackson nodded, "You wanted —"

"If I'm going down, so are you, Avery." Eliza spoke, a teasing tone.

In all honesty. The two had a good relationship. It was Jackson's way of coping with the loss of his mentor. Of his friend. And Eliza didn't mind, she loved the help, and she loved the friendship they were creating. She loves it even more when she hears Jackson talk about Milly, the fire fighter too be.

"But" Jackson starts but Eliza shuts him off right after. "The lawyer, El."

Jackson and Eliza share a lawyer. It's actually Jackson's lawyer that he pays for her to use, because what's a stack of money without any use. "You mean our lawyer, Jacky."

Jacky.

"He won't leave you alone. He wants to know his daughter-in-law even if he didn't know his son." Mathew Sloan wants what everyone wants, answers. He wants to know what happened to his son after he left their lives. He heard about his death, how Mark Sloan had left alone his fiancé and son. Mathew Sloan wants answers on who his son was after he had helped ruin him. "He wants to know his grandson."

"No." And Eliza hangs up the phone, leaving Jackson to get ready for work, not knowing he would see Eliza there, dressed in scrubs ready to work.

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"Eliza Lee-Sunny and April Kepner." The hospitals lawyer smiled as they stepped into the room and placed a paper in front of them. "Signing this means you both are members of the board, meaning you are apart of the few who own the hospital."

Eliza signs and slides it across the table, leaving the room with April following behind her once she had signed her own work. "Ly,"

"Apes, go doctor in the E.R." Eliza is mad at April, as April is mad at Eliza. The two had gotten into a fight when April had learnt about what Eliza was hiding from her. The fact that she had actually gotten married, how she had given her a position on the board, how she had signed Aprils name on a paper and made her the legal guardian of Brian as well — forging her signature so her child had someone to look after him if something ever happened to Eliza. "We'll talk later."

"April?!" Christina's eyes go wide as she walks beside Atlas, who had his eyes focused on his sister.

"Ellie?"

"El! Welcome home!" Oliver beams as he bounces forward with the biggest grin, bringing his sister into the biggest hug.

"This." Eliza gestured to the hospital, everything around her. "Doesn't feel like home anymore."

Atlas could feel the anger radiating of his sister, and he had no idea how he could help.