lxxiv. two teddy's

lxxiv. two teddy's
6.09

"Good morning, Star." Atlas cooed as he strolled into Starlees room. He flicked on the light to see the eight month old standing wobbly as she held onto the railings.

Starlees hands were out reached as she made grabby motions for teddy bear that was on the floor.

"Oh, you want your bear?" Atlas crouched down and picked up the teddy bear — the teddy bear that had welcomed the name as fuzzball.

Atlas handed Starlee her teddy bear, the eight month old gladly took the bear into her little hands and clutched it to her chest.

Starlee loved her teddy bear. She would take it everywhere with her if she could. The only time she wouldn't — and got terribly upset — was when her teddy was in the wash.

"Ah, my little girl. Are you hungry? Huh? Do you want breakfast, dada Derek's making something." Atlas talked as he picked up a few things off the floor.

Starlee babbled as she reached out with one hand for her father. Atlas took that as a sign to pick her up, so he did. Atlas picked up Starlee and held her on his hip.

"Yeah, let's go down stairs and have breakfast." Atlas continued to talk as if Starlee could talk back. "And let's bring teddy too."

╚═ ☆ ═╝

"What happened between you and Avery?" Atlas asked as he started to walk beside Christina, both having been paged by Owen to the pit.

"Nothing. Nothing happened." Christina was quick to deny as she opened the door for her and Atlas.

Atlas shrugged, knowing damn well he would find out from his brother whenever he found out. "You paged?" Atlas asked the red head trauma surgeon.

"Yeah," Owen nodded at Atlas before he turned to look at Christina. "I know you think I don't understand you, so I got you and Atlas a present — since you both are a cardio 'both or none' kinda deal."

Owen lead both Christina and Atlas into a trauma room where a monitor was beeping erratically, and a woman was leaning over a man's open chest wound.

"Come on. Come on. I don't want to lose him. All right. What do we got? Fine V-Fib. Paddles." The blond woman ordered like there was no tomorrow.

Christina smiled, "You got us a cardiac trauma."

"Yay!" Atlas clapped excitedly, happy that he would be able to have a good bloody surgery.