lxxv. happy holidays

6.10

thanksgivings eve
& thanksgiving.

"Hi." Atlas greeted as he stepped into a conference room where Mark and Marks supposedly daughter sat across from him. "How are we doing today?"

"Great."

"Fine."

Atlas clicked his tongue, "Okay. Have we thought about a paternity test? Because Callie gave me supplies." Atlas held up his hand that held all the supplies for a paternity test.

Mark nodded rapidly, "Yeah, yeah, okay."

Atlas looked to young woman, he held a smile. "Can I draw your blood?" The woman nodded and Atlas thanked her quietly.

The cardio surgeon, who had a consult on a patients of Teddys soon, got straight to work in drawing up both Marks and the other woman's blood.

"Marky. Right now might be a good place for you to say something, anything." Atlas said, watching as Mark continued to lean back in his chair speechless.

"Dude." The woman who Atlas hadn't gotten a name for started. "Are you, like, high or something?"

"Atly. Sloan." Derek exclaimed as he walked into the conference room where his fiancée and Mark were.

"Yeah." Both Mark and Sloan peeked up at Derek who had entered the room.

Derek chuckled. "Mark. Atly. I need you on something."

Both Atlas and Mark nodded and stood up. Atlas said a goodbye to Marks daughter before he left the room.

"I have a daughter! And eighteen year old daughter." Mark complained. "I am too young to have an eighteen year old daughter. It's a nail in my coffin. It's like death had come to call."

Derek interrupted, "Okay, can we put a pin in your existential crisis for a minute?"

"Mean." Atlas elbowed Derek in the side lightly as they continued on walking.

"No. That's why they call it a crisis." Mark deadpanned, he looked to Atlas for backup. Atlas only shrugged and pretended to be interested by some odd painting on the wall.

"Look. Doctor Robbins and I have a six year old with an inoperable a.v.m. We need both you and Atlys help to make it operable." Derek explained as he took a step forward and turned so he was facing the other two attendings.