Emergency

Chapter 50

Rory woke up with a start when she felt a knee behind her and a heavyweight around her waist. Smiling, she relaxed when she felt the warm breath on her neck and heard the gentle sound of Tristan snoring. Opening her eyes, she waited a moment for her eyes to adjust before getting up. Rory gently lifted his arm off her waist and slipped out of bed, glancing around the room, trying to remember where the bathroom was. She noticed a soft glow coming from the nightlight in the bathroom, and she followed it. Closing the door quietly, she heard the sound of a phone ringing. The phone stopped ringing, and a buzzing sound went off. She noticed Tristan's robe hanging on the hook and slipped into it before she washed her hands. Looking into the mirror, she smiled at her reflection. She felt happy that she had decided to move in with Tristan. Last night, Rory drove to 1 Linden Ave. She took her overnight out of the car, and when the elevator door opened to his apartment, she used the key he gave her, opened the door, and turned on the lights. Rory removed her coat and placed it on a chair in the hallway before she wheeled her overnight bag to his bedroom. Rory began to empty her folded clothes from the suitcase when she heard Tristan calling.

"Mare?"

"In here," she called back.

Striding into the bedroom, Tristan wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest.

"Hi." Tristan pecks her on the cheek. "I emptied a couple of drawers for you, and made room in my closet for your things." He opens the top drawer of the dresser and closet to show her.

"Thank you," she smiled. "I brought some clothes for work. I figured that after work, I can go back to my grandmother's house and pack the clothes that I will need for the weekend. I figured on the weekend we can bring the rest of my things over, including what is left at Stars Hollow."

"I carried some of those boxes up that your mother brought over that we had stored in my storage unit."

Rory looked into the closet and noticed he had brought in three of the boxes. She hung the clothes up in the closet that she planned to wear tomorrow, then carried her toiletry bag into the bathroom. While she emptied her toiletry bag, Tristan placed her empty suitcase in the large closet.

"Mare, I

think I remember a box that has some interesting items in it."

Rory starts laughing as she walks out of the bathroom.

"Oh you do, do you."

"I think we should empty that box now."

She takes his hand, leads him out of the bedroom into his large living room, and pulls him down on the couch.

"I think I can empty that box myself tomorrow," she tells him.

Tristan picks up the remote control for the fireplace and turns it on. Tristan slides a hand into her hair, closing the distance so their lips touch.

"Tell me about your day," he whispers as his lips brush against hers.

Rory sniffs Tristan's robe, memorizing his scent, then opens the door and works towards the bed, thinking about curling up against his warm body. t.

Rory slips into Tristan's robe and sniffs it. Smiling, she walks out of the bathroom, hoping to curl up against his warm body. As Rory enters the darkroom, and notices that the bed is empty. The bedroom doorway is slightly open, and she sees the glow of light and hears voices in the other room.